• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

perfect disk broken?

I just installed it last night so there was an update for me. All HD and partitions are showing all black - but the results look ok - it suggests a boot scan and smart placement. Windows xp defrag looks normal.

well i use the 6.0 build 31 for months now and there is was also no update for me, very strange, oh and i have no problems at all with perfect disk.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
lynchknot said:
My concern is the all black (nothing else) "excluded" - In case you did not notice.
Yes I knoticed ,, I was stating something else that can do .. So sorry to interupt you and your higher ranking thoughts of progress. Next time I want to post in a topic you started I will make a request to you via pm before hand. I would not want to make you feel like you were a "little" guy now ..

Jason Claiborne

OSNN Junior Addict
PerfectDisk ~ All Files Excluded

Greetings Lynchknot,

More than likely, you are seeing an issue with a driver that you have on your system.

Check your system for this driver: hwfprot.sys

If this is present, it will prevent PerfectDisk from getting access to the files on the volume.

You can view our knowledgebase article on this issue here:

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=393

If you do not have the hwfprot.sys driver, you'll nee to check for these drivers: AlfaFM.sys, AFPAnsi.sys, AFPUNI.sys, BxShield.sys. These drivers are distributed by a company called Alpha Corp and are bundled with other software packages and thus, you may not have installed an Alpha Corp product, yet still have their drivers.

You can view our knowledgebase artcile on this issue here:

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/kb_details.cfm?kbid=392

If you have futher issues, I would suggest that you contact Technical Support directly.

Jason Claiborne
Senior Systems Engineer
Raxco Software

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
lynchknot said:
lol - I did not intend to insult you mr. sensitive - nor was I being sarcastic. However, you just made yourself the little guy here.
I guess I did did'nt I, That time of the month I guess .. Anyhow - sorry for the ranting ..

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
mr. claibborne, it's a pleasure you stopped by to help

if you do a search, you'll see for the most part, perfect disk is the most endorsed defrag application on this site.

Iwelcome to this board, and I hope you have the chance to stop by often.

Is Greg Hayes still with Raxco?

if so, tell him everone over here, (formally ntfs.org and xp-erience .org) says hello

NP Johnny.

I ran a search for those drivers and turned up nothing. I wonder if this a result of upgrading to larger drive and moving the contents of drive C over to it with the app Drive Image.

Ok, I found Bx shield - not by running search but by running windows defrag and viewing the report that said it could not defragment that file. So I should delete that file? It's in windows\sys32\drivers

*edit - that's funny. I go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bxshield - and it's not there.

*edit - deleted folder shield - working now. - I guess I cannot hide...er.. "sensitive" files.

lynchknot said:
*edit - that's funny. I go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bxshield - and it's not there.
You have windows set to show hidden system files right? If you do I don't know. :p

-edit- ok n/m me then as i posted as you found an answer hehe

if you do a search, you'll see for the most part, perfect disk is the most endorsed defrag application on this site.
yep. absolutely right on that one. Perfect Disk is quite the good Defrag app.

Mr. Claiborne, i don't mean to sound greedy or anything... but is there any chance you may possibly be able to give your loyal supporters at OSNN.net a license for Perfect Disk? if not, it's ok. still good to have someone around to help out in case there is a problem that needs a quick solution.

P.S. if you do plan to stick around here a bit..... Welcome to OSNN.net

Jason Claiborne

OSNN Junior Addict
perris said:
mr. claibborne, it's a pleasure you stopped by to help

Iwelcome to this board, and I hope you have the chance to stop by often.

Is Greg Hayes still with Raxco?

if so, tell him everone over here, (formally ntfs.org and xp-erience .org) says hello
Hi Perris,

Thanks for the post.

You can call me Jason, i don't stand on formality very often :)

Greg is still with us.. busy as ever!

I'm happy to have been able to be of assistance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies