PatchXP, our official uxtheme.dll patcher

Sounds like the patch did not work. When you double click on the msstyle file, system properties should open.

Hope you are not running windows plus!. If so it must be removed (along with any other theming program) then the patch applied.

When I click on the msstyle the appearance tab on display properties pops up, but nothing changes

That's because it has not been applied yet. If you look in the 'Windows & buttons' small selection box you should see the name of the msstyle. If so go to desktop & navigate to the wallpaper you want then then apply it.

If it is not in the selection box you have bigger problems.

Its not in the selection box, I guess I have bigger problems, I cant believe no one has run into this before:(

hipster, thanks for your help, I lost patience and went ahead and installed StyleXP, so now my problem is solved anyway.

I just uninstalled StyleXP to try out this patch and I have to say that it works great except for one thing. Everytime I boot into windows I get a message that a windows file has been replaced/changed and it asks me to either enter the windows xp sp1 disc or keep the file. The problem is that even if I click on keep the file this message comes back at the next restart.

Any ideas?

Thanks but it just stopped when I opened my comp today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back