PatchXP, our official uxtheme.dll patcher

Welcome at ntfs.org, HazelEyes :)

You know it is a risque to turn off WFP completely. Your computer will be more vulnerable to virus infections for example. For user interface customization it is not necessary to disable file protection. There are many ways around it.

See if you have this file>
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.bak Rename it to uxtheme.dll & click yes when asked if you want to replace the other file with the same name. If it won't rename move it out, rename it, put it back.

Try doing a search for it if it is not there. If not try moving the uxtheme.dll maybe to the desktop. Windows should kick in & want to replace it.

worked perfectly.. at first i didnt understand that you just double click the .msstyle when you have the properties open.. but then i guess i figured it out. thanks, neat trick

even though I got rid of it I wanna ask bout this bug...
With a style applied using the patch, accessing Add/Remove Progs. or opening the display properties (not sure bout rest of control panel) wouldn't work...it would hang up forcing a reboot. :(

With the add/remove if you get a parser error all it needs is a simple name change on a folder. Styles that do that are pre sp1.

Doesnt work for me :mad: I had it before then I reformatted reinstalled everything, and now even after I patch it I can't use any visual styles.

Plz help:eek:

I'm still having a problem, iv have been using color schemes for awhile now but now want to go back to VS.

I tryed a theme and it wont work, just shows the Luna and Classic ones there.

So i use patchxp and unpatched and repatched and still its not working!!

What is wrong? How can i fix this??

It worked just fine for me before, using XP pro without SP1, now, I have formatted and installed SP1 and the theme patch doesnt work, any ideas?

You might need an older version. Unpatch the patch, go to the start of this thread & have a look for links to the patch. One of them might be the old version.............that's if it has been updated since sp1.

Why won't it work? What happens?

Hipster I'm afraid I dont understand, I now have the latest windows updates including SP1, why would I need an older version?

Once I patch the file and try to run any of the themes I have installed the preview screen shows a black box and when I install the theme I get a plain jane windows classic look. :(

An older version of patchxp........if there is one......pre sp1.

Get a screen shot & attach what is going on.

In display properties/appearance the msstyle should show up under 'Windows & buttons'.

Just formatted my system and trying to keep programs down in size so i have give this patch a go instead of stylexp first try explorer kept crashing all the time (using winxp pro SP1) but after using the remove function (THANK YOU) i tried agin looking through these posts i tried another version (this one has a pop up referining it to this thread i assume) an it worked an absolute dream!!

THANK YOU ANDYP!!

:D :D :D

Heres what happens when I apply the theme:

I have tried both versions of the themepatcher, regular and SP1

You are trying to load a msstyle not a theme?

For a manual install if you click on the *.msstyles file it should open system properties to the 'appearance' tab. From there go to desktop & select the wallpaper.

For a self installer just run it & it does it all for you.

You shouldn't be a the place where you screen shots are.

no, all are .theme files that ran fine before. but thats the way they turn out now, I have no mstyles on my computer at the moment

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back