Password For Repair

B

bill g

I'm trying to do a Repair with the XP Pro CD and when it gets to the "Enter Admin Password" in the console it won't take my pw, and I'm admin. I went to User setup and changed my admin pw but syill no go.
Anyone know where the Console pw is set?
thanks,
bill g

Iceman

OSNN Veteran Addict
Sorry bud, you may be telling the truth and I don't doubt it, however, your not going to get help here doing that. Can't help you bypass a password for this or any other software, it's the rules.

sorry

B

bill g

My name is Bill, not Bud.
I'm not trying to bypass anything, or break any site rules. I can log onto the XP machine and my LAN, etc as admin. What I'm trying to do is see if I can fix some kind of LAN browse problem on that machine w/o reinstalling XP.
For example, if I drag a file out of one explorer window to another it either locks explorer or does nothing. If I right click a file the context menu is very slow to come up, and I've used my *registered* version of contextedit to cull most all entries.
I did a sys restore to my oldest, 10 days, point and this didn't fix it. I ran sfc. Nothing found. So I figured rather than starting over I'd see if the repair console would see anything.
And if that didn't work I'd see if there was something in the switch.
thanks,
bill g

Iceman

OSNN Veteran Addict
Like I said, I understand what your trying to do, and I also understand the rules for this forum, I can't tell you where the password is stored or how to get around it so you can do a repair job.

sorry Bill

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Well maybe you didn't assign a password at all? Try no password... remember its the password for the account administrator, not for A account with administrators access. Just give that a try...:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut