Password For Repair

B

bill g

I'm trying to do a Repair with the XP Pro CD and when it gets to the "Enter Admin Password" in the console it won't take my pw, and I'm admin. I went to User setup and changed my admin pw but syill no go.
Anyone know where the Console pw is set?
thanks,
bill g

Sorry bud, you may be telling the truth and I don't doubt it, however, your not going to get help here doing that. Can't help you bypass a password for this or any other software, it's the rules.

sorry

cool.gif

My name is Bill, not Bud.
I'm not trying to bypass anything, or break any site rules. I can log onto the XP machine and my LAN, etc as admin. What I'm trying to do is see if I can fix some kind of LAN browse problem on that machine w/o reinstalling XP.
For example, if I drag a file out of one explorer window to another it either locks explorer or does nothing. If I right click a file the context menu is very slow to come up, and I've used my *registered* version of contextedit to cull most all entries.
I did a sys restore to my oldest, 10 days, point and this didn't fix it. I ran sfc. Nothing found. So I figured rather than starting over I'd see if the repair console would see anything.
And if that didn't work I'd see if there was something in the switch.
thanks,
bill g

Like I said, I understand what your trying to do, and I also understand the rules for this forum, I can't tell you where the password is stored or how to get around it so you can do a repair job.

sorry Bill

cool.gif

Well maybe you didn't assign a password at all? Try no password... remember its the password for the account administrator, not for A account with administrators access. Just give that a try...:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back