Page Layout

Front Page Adverts

The adds are making it difficult to browse the forum. You have to go back about two or three pages before it leaves the one you ar on. Otherwards when you click the back button, it gives one add a time out. Click the back button again it will give another add a timeout, and so on till they all time out and then go back to the page you were on. SO having to push the back button ten time to just go back one page is a big in the *** .. Thank you for listening ..

Hmm, didn't neowin get like this at one time?

I even skip the frontpage for that issue and other ad issues. It makes my browsing slow and not to mention I saw a talking ad yesterday! It told me that there was a better speech software or sump. Highly irritating, because I was listening to some music at the moment.

Yeah, the theme on the frontpage is currently for users who run at 1024x768
I will be creating others who run at 800x600 and a few higher resolutions.

The problem I have is. That google ad is pretty damn wide but is not allowed to be at above the other burstnet ad and that skyscraper advert has to be visible on the first 800x600 view. With the higher resoltions, which I hope most of you use I should have a bit more room to play with. Course I do appreciate your feedback, its just a pain in the **** trying to fit it in. Basically I am running at the resolution of the theme "resolution I am working around and trying to see what looks best!!

Oh and I know I said this was gonna get done last night, but I fell asleep fully clothed for 14 hours :p

Nice to see it back on the left. I can now throw my anadin extra in the bin

Glaanieboy said:
I even skip the frontpage for that issue and other ad issues. It makes my browsing slow and not to mention I saw a talking ad yesterday! It told me that there was a better speech software or sump. Highly irritating, because I was listening to some music at the moment.
Werd. Changed my bookmarks to goto the forums now instead of the frontpage.

If you paid any sort of attention to the current threads you would know that it's presently being worked on. It's nice to see you want the site here, yet refuse to support it.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any problems whatsoever with ads??

I don't think thats what they are saying Speedy :rolleyes:

They mean there are too many ads on the site. There aren't, EP's just presently working on positioning them, we've always had the same amount.

People are happy to use the site for free when there are no adverts, as soon as the owner wants to cover some of the cost though... it's un-heard of.

I am creating different variations of Orbitz at different resolutions at the moment, working at that resolution as I do it.

Only 800x600 and 1024x768 work at the moment.
Themes above these 2 resolutions will move the advert over to the right again.

Good... :p
The theme(s) for users at higher resolutions will appear once I have had a chance to create and modify them.

SPeedY_B said:
They mean there are too many ads on the site.
Oh I see,I don't think theres too many either so I didn't realise thats what they were getting at
:rolleyes:

Well, the factor of being too many, and them loading slow. I have no problem with that here and I'm on 512k, which I'm sure most people view as a slow line.

Well either way, the new theme which dumps the ads on the right hand side (if you're using higher than 1024) is coming soon.

As you know I'm only on 150k and I don't have any sort of slow down,this is one of the fastest sites that I go on :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back