• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

P4 "2.4B" vs. P4 "2.53" ---> Did I make the right choice?

C

Cannibal Corpse

Dear All,

When I built my system, the P4 "2.4B" (Northwood, 533MHz FSB) was $200 vs. P4 "2.53" that was $250, so I went ahead and bought P4 "2.4B"

Now, did I make a poor choice? I mean both are Northwood, and support 533MHz right out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

P4 2.4B GHz
Abit IT7-MAX2
1GB DDR 2700 (Mushkin)
PNY GeForce4 Ti 4600
TWO Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM HDDs (160GB Total)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
Antec Preformance Series 430W Case
Natural Multimedia KeyBoard
'Special Edition' IntelliMouse Optical (cool Silver finish)
SCSI UltraPlex (Reader) - SCSI PlexWriter (Burner)
IDE Toshiba DVD-ROM (Region Free)
Windows XP Professional OS

Originally posted by DrMetallica
Don't post useless threads again.

Thread Closed
Yeah right! He just asked a normal question. Perhaps he doesn't know the difference between the 'B' version and the 'non-B' version. I can't stand this kind of overreacting.

This is what weed does to people :) Plus, how the hell can he close a thread?

Cannibal Corpse- I think that you made a perfectly fine desision, if you are happy with what you have. I would love to get the XP2600, and most likely, I will, but a month after that, something new is going to come out. P4 2.4 should run as nice as the 2.53, I don't think you should worry.

" Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Sounds good to me. No one can keep up with cpu's today so if you are happy with it that's what matters. "

I agree, but, I don't think you can catch up to any computers today, for more then a few days, constantly, something new is coming out. Then again, you can catch up to RAM, by getting a whole lot of it. I thinks thats about it. :) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi