P4 "2.4B" vs. P4 "2.53" ---> Did I make the right choice?

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

Dear All,

When I built my system, the P4 "2.4B" (Northwood, 533MHz FSB) was $200 vs. P4 "2.53" that was $250, so I went ahead and bought P4 "2.4B"

Now, did I make a poor choice? I mean both are Northwood, and support 533MHz right out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

P4 2.4B GHz
Abit IT7-MAX2
1GB DDR 2700 (Mushkin)
PNY GeForce4 Ti 4600
TWO Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM HDDs (160GB Total)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
Antec Preformance Series 430W Case
Natural Multimedia KeyBoard
'Special Edition' IntelliMouse Optical (cool Silver finish)
SCSI UltraPlex (Reader) - SCSI PlexWriter (Burner)
IDE Toshiba DVD-ROM (Region Free)
Windows XP Professional OS

PC_01.JPG

Sounds good to me. No one can keep up with cpu's today so if you are happy with it that's what matters. :)

NO, HORRIBLE CHOICE.

YOU SHOULD HAVE UNDER CLOCKED IT TO 33MHZ AND INSTALLED MAC OS X.

:rolleyes:

Don't post useless threads again.

Thread Closed

Originally posted by DrMetallica
Don't post useless threads again.

Thread Closed

Yeah right! He just asked a normal question. Perhaps he doesn't know the difference between the 'B' version and the 'non-B' version. I can't stand this kind of overreacting.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Sounds good to me. No one can keep up with cpu's today so if you are happy with it that's what matters. :)

I agree with Hipster

The 2.8G Intel P4 would of been the better choice. Although, bump the 2.4 to 2.8. Should'nt be a problem with the Abit board.

This is what weed does to people :) Plus, how the hell can he close a thread?

Cannibal Corpse- I think that you made a perfectly fine desision, if you are happy with what you have. I would love to get the XP2600, and most likely, I will, but a month after that, something new is going to come out. P4 2.4 should run as nice as the 2.53, I don't think you should worry.

" Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Sounds good to me. No one can keep up with cpu's today so if you are happy with it that's what matters. "

I agree, but, I don't think you can catch up to any computers today, for more then a few days, constantly, something new is coming out. Then again, you can catch up to RAM, by getting a whole lot of it. I thinks thats about it. :) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back