• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OUTLOOK XP does not work!!

G

Great Griffin

HI,

Working with XP (dutch version) I tried to install OUTLOOK XP.
Everything works great but Í CANT recieve or send e-mail.
The helpdesk (Planet Internet) talked to me over one hour and even "ping" their system to connet to the mail server, NO succes. :confused:
If I use Outlook Express, all works like a rocket!

Any sugestions???

Thanks....:p :

M

Mister Zee

Remove your account in O XP, and IMPORT your Outlook Express account using the import wizard of O XP. See if that works =P

G

Great Griffin

Dear Mr ZEE,

Thanks! But That's the first thing I did. Even the import goes 100% perfect. All 'old' emails are listed, all addresses are visible,
but I CAN'T send and receive mail.
If I uncheck the box "let OUTLOOK handle your mail", so Outlook EXPRESS is again in charge of it, all works for 100% again????!!!!
There must be something blocking the OUTLOOK connection to the mailserver. I wish I knew WHAT???:mad:

Cheers!
Great Griffin

M

Mister Zee

Do you have a Firewall? As stupid as the question may seem... You didn't mention that in your post, so I'm asking to make sure.

Cause besides that, you didn't say if you tried to uninstall and reinstall Outlook XP!? Did you?

G

Great Griffin

Hi again!

Thanks, but I switched of any firewall (used Zone Alarm only)
I tried to install, re-install Outlook for 3 times, with the same results: NO EMAIL send+receive. All looks well, no warning messages :confused:
It's kinda hard to beleive that two MS software packages can't work together???

I give up....

M

Mister Zee

Still didn't tell me if you UNINSTALLED first before you re-installed.

And you should try to fully remove Zone Alarm just in case. I've seen quite some problems with ZA and XP, just wondering. What about anti-virus software? Do you have one? If so, disable it just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar