OUTLOOK XP does not work!!

G

Great Griffin

HI,

Working with XP (dutch version) I tried to install OUTLOOK XP.
Everything works great but Í CANT recieve or send e-mail.
The helpdesk (Planet Internet) talked to me over one hour and even "ping" their system to connet to the mail server, NO succes. :confused:
If I use Outlook Express, all works like a rocket!

Any sugestions???

Thanks....:p :

Remove your account in O XP, and IMPORT your Outlook Express account using the import wizard of O XP. See if that works =P

Dear Mr ZEE,

Thanks! But That's the first thing I did. Even the import goes 100% perfect. All 'old' emails are listed, all addresses are visible,
but I CAN'T send and receive mail.
If I uncheck the box "let OUTLOOK handle your mail", so Outlook EXPRESS is again in charge of it, all works for 100% again????!!!!
There must be something blocking the OUTLOOK connection to the mailserver. I wish I knew WHAT???:mad:

Cheers!
Great Griffin

Do you have a Firewall? As stupid as the question may seem... You didn't mention that in your post, so I'm asking to make sure.

Cause besides that, you didn't say if you tried to uninstall and reinstall Outlook XP!? Did you?

Hi again!

Thanks, but I switched of any firewall (used Zone Alarm only)
I tried to install, re-install Outlook for 3 times, with the same results: NO EMAIL send+receive. All looks well, no warning messages :confused:
It's kinda hard to beleive that two MS software packages can't work together???

I give up....

Still didn't tell me if you UNINSTALLED first before you re-installed.

And you should try to fully remove Zone Alarm just in case. I've seen quite some problems with ZA and XP, just wondering. What about anti-virus software? Do you have one? If so, disable it just in case.

Anybody managed to get Outlook XP to sychronise with a PDA properly yet ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back