Outlook 2003 - Saving Recieved Emails & Accounts?

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodevening Everyone,

I am wanting to reformat my computer tonight and i was just wondering if someone could tell me how i could save my already recieved emails and my email accounts so that i could put them back into Outlook 2003 once i have reformated. I hope that made sense :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help and time

Alex :cool:

Just go into file -> Import and Export. Choose Export to a file then choose Personal Folder (.pst) the select folder(s) then choose where you want the file saved to then click finish.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

thanx for the reply Aces&Eights.. Can i export 'Personal Folders' and select the box that says "also sub-folders".. will that save all the folders inside the 'Personal Folders' Section? (when treed on outlook, all my folders are under expanded 'Personal Folders')

What about my E-mail accounts that i have used on Outlook 2003?

Thank you for your help and time :)

Alex :cool:

Yep when you select all subfolders every folder underneath will be backup up to the *.pst file that gets created.

Now with email accounts I am now sure I will check it out. I have never done it this way so I do not know. Maybe some else already has the answer, but when I get one I will post it for you.

Cheers

The *.pst file only is the emails you have recieved not that account settings. For that there is a registry key you need to save but it does not save the passwords to all your email accounts... dammit i cant remember what that key is...

I'm pretty sure that registry key is here :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows Messaging Subsystem

You'll see a Profiles key which will list your default profile. Just export the whole key (and all the subkeys), and then import it to your newly built machine.

Personally I'd just create a new profile in Outlook and put in all the account details again, then import the .pst, but each to their own !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back