• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8CST is good which I think is 9EST - much later than that and I'm in bed :D

I agree... please post the final date/time here as soon as we know what it is...

Mike A!

Draft has been scheduled for Sunday 8/30
8:30pm central time

We still need one more player to get our league up to 12 teams.. instructions to join are listed on the first post in this (now quite long) thread..

Depending on what happens with the extra team, one of two things will occur on Saturday evening..

1) If we get one more team to join us, we will have a 12 team league, all rosters will be cleared on Saturday evening. Draft will be ordered based on the two new teams drafting first, and the remaining players drafting in reverse order of finish from last year.

2) If we do not get one more team to join in, we will be forced to drop temperal (sorry!). On sat evening..rosters will be cleared except for designated keepers and draft will be ordered based on reverse order of last years finish.

Please take a moment to refresh yourself on the scoring rules for the league and get yourselves ready for the draft.

Sorry for the late notice - life has been killing me of late.. i'm so not prepared for any of the drafts I have coming up - let along trying to keep up with the league.

KCNY has been appointed as a co-commish. Other than to disband the league, I believe he basically has all the same abilities as I have so now you have two people to bug with issues. :)

Copied from Fleaflicker:
"If we are redrafting in total that is fine; however, there is NO reason, unless the current teams get to keep at least one player from their keepers that new teams should get first two picks... The reason they would get the first picks is because the other teams are already established, and taking away all the keepers puts all the teams returning at a DISadvantage... I want to know what the remainder of the teams in the league think. I will also post this on OSNN.net...
Mike A!"

My thought on this is simple... we are already established, if we are having a re-draft; have a random TOTAL redraft, not a partial redraft with NO upside to anyone who has already played in the league... just my $.02... and this is coming from the 3rd pick overall if we do it that way...

V/R,

Mike A!

Last edited:
I think you're right Mike. I think I meant to say the new teams would have the last picks.. not the first picks in a total redraft.

But random might be better if we do a total redraft..

I think you're right Mike. I think I meant to say the new teams would have the last picks.. not the first picks in a total redraft.

But random might be better if we do a total redraft..

Well very similarly to when a new franchise is established they typically get the first two picks in the draft but thats only because the other teams are already established and have their rosters set...

I think a good compromise is for each of the returning teams to keep A (one) keeper, and then do a reverse draft worst to first with the two new teams recieving picks one and two...

OR... how I did it in my work league...

We allowed each owner to keep one keeper... and then drop the remainig players in a pool... the two new teams got to pick from the remainder players, and then placed the two new teams as picks one and two, and the remainder of the teams in a random draft order, in this way it was felt that this way while the two new teams got picks 11 and 12 according to top 25, they also got the #1 and #2 picks accordingly...

Just some Ideas...

:)

Mike A!

yup.. all good ideas. The problem exists because we're pretty crunched for time and there is no guarantee we can get another team in time.

It may just end up being a random redraft if we go with 12 teams.

If we are stuck at 10 teams, we'll keep the 3 keepers and draft based on last years results..

Ok.. I'm also thinking of a couple other changes if we get to 12 teams and our league expands..

I am considering reducing the roster size by dropping the one RB starter position and one WR starter. This would leave 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, and 1 D/ST starter spots. Bench size would remain the same. I'm hoping to keep the free agent pool a little more viable if we have 12 teams in the league.

Will also consider reorganizing into 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Playoffs would be weeks 14-16 with 5 teams making the playoffs. Winner of each division + 2 wild card teams - top two teams would get a bye for the first week.

So, to summerize currently:

* Draft is Sunday, August 30th at 8:30pm central time

* If league expands:
- all rosters will be cleared
- rosters will be cleared on night before the draft
- draft order will be randomized
- roster starter positions will be reduced
- will reorganize into 3 divisions..

* If league does not expand
- teams will be allowed 3 keepers
- rosters will be cleared on night before the draft
- draft will be reverse order of finish from last year
- roster starter positions will remain the same

Please get back to me with any input/feedback on these changes before saturday

Last edited:
I posted my thoughts online - I think we should do random draft order either time ;)

Sorry for the mass mailings of late..

So far, I don't think I've heard back from Raygor/Winston's Wankers, Gonaads/Mean Machine, and Vishnu/falconguard on if they are commited to this year. As far as I can tell, they have not logged onto the site in the last
8+ months to check on their teams.

If I do not hear back from you by Friday night, your teams will be dropped.

If all 3 teams are dropped, we will be down to 8 teams and we'll play the season out that way.. Temperal will take over one of the existing team rosters and will be able to set his keepers on Saturday.

If we are forced to drop 2 teams, I think we'll have to drop Temperal too to get down to an even number of teams again.

If only 1 team drops, Temperal will take over for that roster and we'll play with 10 teams again.

Again, if you do not login to the site (fleaflicker.com) and/or verify with me in some other way that you are playing by the end of Friday night, I will have to assume you are not playing this season and your teams WILL be dropped from the league.

sorry falconguard if I missed it the first time! My brain really hasn't been around lately! :)

Thanks for verifying (again!) :p

sorry falconguard if I missed it the first time! My brain really hasn't been around lately! :)

Thanks for verifying (again!) :p

Ok so how many do we have??

I am pretty sure I can get Raygor to play again this year...

Mike A!

So 8:30 pm Central is when Pacific???

Damn, now I don't know If I wanna keep Favre or not. Decisions decisions.

Let me know if you need me or not. I'm okay either way. If you need an extra great, if not I will sit back and play back seat quaterback.

Gonaads you have probably figured this out but it will be 6:30 PM PST.

Can't wait - good luck to all!

Fitzy - can you send out an e-mail tonight since I think you said it's locked in on Saturday so I know where we stand (# of teams, keepers, draft. etc?)

ugh.. what a busy day.

I'm assuming Raygor isn't in this year - I know mlakrid said he could get him to play again, but since we have a willing replacement in Temperal, I say lets let Temperal take over Raygors roster.

Other than Temperal's/Rayor's roster, I have cleared all rosters other than the keepers. I'm hoping that Temperal can have a chance to pick his keepers sometime between now and the draft. so we can clear his roster just before the draft.

So, the league will remain 10 teams this year. Draft order will be based on last years finish.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back