OSNN Adverts

Re: OMFG kill the noisy ads like yesterday

Ok, think this... ( few nights ago ) ... 2 in the morning. Speakers on, music off. Cat sleeping on subwoofer. ( see cat )

cat.jpg


I surf to OSNN, click on forums, and a few seconds after, an ear splitting " BZZZZZZZZT! " The cat wakes up and freaking lurches off the woofer, onto and across my desk, and underneath the couch. Scared the **** out of me!!!
 
Re: OMFG kill the noisy ads like yesterday

Got details of the ad matey?
I will declare war on the entire country that the ad came from.
 
Re: OMFG kill the noisy ads like yesterday

.com, so it is anyone's guess as to where the company is from, but i bet the US. Check the other threa,d several poeple including me have linked to the bzzzzz fly one.
 
Re: OMFG kill the noisy ads like yesterday

well the ads will still be clickable but it depends whether they appear on our rotations.
Anyway, get me the links and I will throw em at the relevent people if I can't find them myself.
 

Attachments

  • annoying.jpg
    annoying.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 122
  • annoying.wav
    annoying.wav
    132 KB · Views: 102
if you see it again, try and catch the exact link it would take you and perhaps the link location of the flash plugin.
 
I have taken a look in the source of the iframe, but the problem is, it uses some javascript-code to generate an random number, with which it loads the flash. I don't know what that number is (as it is random) so I can't tell the source to the flash. That's why I posted a screenie of the ad along with the sound it makes, so you can pass it along to burst?
 
Can you save the link that would open when you click?
If you can't get the image source, its the only way I can find out who is serving the ad.
 
Electronic Punk said:
Can you save the link that would open when you click?
If you can't get the image source, its the only way I can find out who is serving the ad.
It goes too quickly for me to capture the actual link, but it ultimately redirect to www.de25dagen.nl.
 
Ok mate, what browser do you use, I will see if I can find a way for you to get me exactly the bits I need!
 
I might get a dutch proxy (and a us one too) and see what I can find, seems like it might be a good idea 🙂
 
Fly provided by

Castlemedia



IE 6, 300 Mhz Packard Bell POS.
 
In safari there is this window called "Activity" under Window, which shows you what loaded, and under what page, it also shows you the full links it downloaded, so even the javascript does not conceal the real URL.
 
Looks like something I can chase up after work, which is going to finish on time tonight.
All this overtime is driving me nuts.

All work and no play makes punk erm.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top