Act your wage.
A press release has been issued stating that Steve Jobs will be previewing Apple's next OS release, 10.5 "Leopard", at the World Wide Developer's Conference on August 7th. Leopard is expected to be released near the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007.
- The final version of Boot Camp.
- A redesigned Finder with expanded use of Spotlight.
- Virtualization software.
- Collaborative editing tools.
- OS-level integration of a geographical mapping technology.
- Resolution independence (changing the effective screen resolution).
- Quartz 2D Extreme activated by default (Quartz 2D Extreme was introduced in early Panther builds and the 2004 WWDC developer sessions said it would be activated in 10.3.0. However it wasn't, and when manually invoked with Quartz Debug there are visual artifacts which prevent it being useful.
(Added on 6/29)
- iChat 4.0 to include the capability to call traditional phones
- More transparency
- Dashboard speed improvements
- Solid metal (iTunes 5+) theme throughout the user interface
- Tabbed iChat and whiteboarding
- Remote control access (VNC-like)
- Finder enhancements, including increased Spotlight integration
(Added on 8/03)
- Virtual Desktops
- Improved file syncing
- Improved Spotlight