OS X 10.3.9 update info

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
From AppleInsider

Apple has seeded the latest beta and maintenance release to its Panther OS, which will pack over 30 bug fixes and improvements.

As previously anticipated, Apple on Friday seeded its developers with the first build of Mac OS X 10.3.9, the next in a series of maintenance releases to its Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system.

The system update is being distributed as a 29.5MB image and is currently at build 7W72.

In a seed note accompanying the latest build, Apple reportedly told developers to focus their testing efforts in the following areas: Bluetooth, DVD Player, FireWire devices, Modems (both internal and external), Networking, Printing, Safari, Terminal and USB devices. The company also asked that developers asses the 'general system usability and reliability.'

Apple also listed approximately 30 areas of change and enhancement that are already reflected in build 7W72. Some of these improvements include various video driver fixes, improved Directory Services performance, Java garbage collection optimization, 'wake from sleep' performance improvements, and a new version of the Mac OS X kernel (7.9.0).

Mac OS X 10.3.9 will also usher in bug fixes to the following components: Automounter, Object Exchange over Bluetooth, Fax and modem, FireWire OHCI software, Password server slapd, SmartcardServices compatibility, setkey command line tool, Navigation Services, USB FHCI, and USB 2.0 hard drive mounting.

Sources tell AppleInsider that Mac OS X 10.3.9 is slated for a release in late March or early April.

This is the one major benefits to having a mac, everything is updated and new things are constanly being added. Good job Apple!!!!

The updates are nice as a package opposed to separate individual updates.

Some interesting updates coming (some that fix things some people say broke in 3.8 and some things wrong w/ the mini for others *cough*video drivers*cough*).

The part I didn't like to read was the expected release of late March early April as that means that Tiger most likely won't release till end of April at the earliest. :(

More looking forward to Tiger (8A939 seeded! Yummy!) than updates to Panther :D

Xie, if it does come in April many people will be happy, we've all been waiting on an end-of-June release so far.

SPeedY_B said:
Xie, if it does come in April many people will be happy, we've all been waiting on an end-of-June release so far.
I'm just sad because then I miss the free update. :p

Tiger will be worth the money, the last build I used was 8A294, we're on 8A393 now, so lots has improved/been added since I last used it. Can't wait for a final (giving up beta chasing for now, ruins the fun of the final :D)

I am waiting until they update the Mac mini to include the new ATI GFX card so that it can use compositing in mac OS X, instead of using straight up quartz to do OpenGL.

Compositing is supposed to give an entirely new meaning to expose and other stuff

* Note: This information may be inaccurate, i can't remember where i read about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back