OMG! This is pissing me off.....

[X]

Slayer[x] riding again...
OK. Lets start.
My games are already irritating me.
Almost all my games are crashing for some unknown reason!!
Even the old school Starcraft is crashing!!
It's pissing me off!!

What do you recommend me to do?
Where should I start??? :confused:

BTW. Can you list some of the most important windows updates. (Application and system related.) Dont list security updates.

Here are my drivers currently installed:

VidCard Driver: Version 52.16 nvidia driver (old)
Mobo Driver: V 7.0D (up-to-date)

maybe update your vid driver, and see if you needd to update directx, maybe if everything is crashing your card could be over heating.

whats the error you get when it crashes... info would be nice. Like what does the event viewer say?? Does it crash when you start the game or while playing?? Does it blue screen or is it an application failure/hardware failure??

This just started happening? Have you tried running some of them in compatability mode?

Did all of them. I even downgraded my vidcard driver for troubleshooting purposes. But that didn't help. The errors I get are in different variaties. Blue screen happened once. Instant Crash in desktop happens all the time in many games. It always happens when during gameplay. Not before, not after. Sometimes, it's application failure. Memory stuff like that in warcraft. grr......

Experiment with the games while running your ram slower (133 MHz) and see if it helps. And are all your fans working on your cpu and video card?

How do I set the ram speed slower?
I think I'm already running at 133 mhz.
All fans are working and running smoothly. I hope...

I already used the fail-safe defaults for the cmos/bios.
Didn't help.

The next time it happends, record the error codes (along with the problem it says has happened) and post them. If we knew what error you were getting, we could better troubleshoot.

Temps are @ 48C-50C at idle and 55C-57C at full load.
Using a glacialtech igloo(if that's a heatsink). Dont know the version or type.
I have 6 fans in total.
2 @ front. (Intake)
1 @ side. (Intake)
3 @ back. (Including power supply and vidcard cooler) (Outtake)

my games were doing this. 2 things seemed to be causing it.

1. id overclocked my cpu
2. my temperatures were really high.

taking my cpu back down and opening the side of my case until i installed some fans did it for me.

I would suspect your memory - IF you have 2 sticks - try removing one and then playing a games to see if it crashes - if it dont try the other one.

I'll try that.
BTW, my temps are high isn't it?

right now my p4 idle is 45ºc, and gaming is like 52-55 so you should be fine

Yes, your temps are high, but not high enough to cause crashes.

I did not see your power supply rating and brand in the above posts. How big is it, and what brand name (if any)?

Attachments

• Crash Trouble shoot1.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 101
Also prior to the games crashing did you intall any new programs/drivers or make any changes to your system?

Power suppy: 300W
Dont know the model.
I think it's an ATX. (saw it in a sticker attached to my Power supply)

PSU might be the culprit, I cant stress enough how important a good PSU is. Personally I wouldnt go below 400W. I have a 500W and although I didnt go with the best "Turbo Cool" I did get a good one, (approx. $100). I recommend an Enermax, Aspire, or Antec; cant go wrong with those. It sounds like it might be overheating, none of these lock-ups happen when in 2-D apps, correct ? Also, I would suggest underclocking everything, thereby lowering temps, and see if this prolongs the lock-ups. It sounds like everything ius running hot, yet you have decent airflow; did you use any thermal paste w/ CPU & heatsink (Arctic Silver3) ?

Of course, since your hardware is a little dated, you can always buy all new stuff !!!

I think I found the source.
After unplugging 1 stick of my Ram, the games are running smoothly so far.
I'll keep you guys updated.
BTW, I ran memtest recently. (I assume you know this program well)
It said that there are no errors in my memory or ram.
I ran this program when the errors are getting bad already.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back