Oh Howard Stern!!

lol...thats funny. I like the radio stations here in muskegon. I like when they have no stop music for like 2 hours on the local rock station :). I dont think i will swtich to xm or anything cause i dont like paying monthly bills to listen to the radio cept i could always do the $500 lifetime thing but that would be later in my life when i have money :).

xsivforce said:
Management at 95X in Syracuse are cutting their own neck.
Yeah I was gonna wait to get Sirius till Howard was going on it .. now I think I might ask for it for xmas. :D I already turn the channel once Howard is over.

Good news though is Howard might be coming to Syracuse. :cool:

Dubbin1 said:
I dont know how anyone can stand to listen to that idiot.
Some people enjoy entertainment. :)

Doh another crying commercial. I found it funny what they are hitting the button on now. When Howard was talking about being a director if he hadn't gotten the satellite job they cut part of it out. why?! He's not allowed to talk about anything outside of radio now? I don't see how all this cutting up the show is going to make people say, "hey they cut the show all to hell today, but you know what when Howard is gone I'm not going to move with him .. I'm going to listen to that radio station that cut the hell out of the show for no reason and made me buy satellite radio in the first place." :D

LOL I just heard the funnest thing. As Stern came back from commercial they played the 95x cry for help and 95x (who I listen to) cut the word "Sirius" out of their own commercial. The cutting up of the show is growing to a crazy level here. It's now "Dead Air Dave" in combo with 95x ... so much dead air. :(

Bwahahahaha, they cut it out of their own commercial? That takes the cake! Soon, my friend...soon. January 2006 you will be able to hear the show as it was intended. I, for one, can't wait!

I just heard a commercial for xm to be broadcasting all ball games...this is getting very competitive

Just sit back and watch. XM and Sirius will be trying to "one up" each other quite a bit in the coming year. It should be fun to see how all turns out. Watch for other big names to join the ranks before too long.

the main thing that coms from all of this that there is at least an alternative to the destructive forces like clear channel that try to shove their agenda down the throats of America..hopefully, they will put themselfs out of bussiness, and the bussiness of entertainment is decided by those of us that are entertained, and not those few that want everyone to think the way that they think

xsivforce said:
Just sit back and watch. XM and Sirius will be trying to "one up" each other quite a bit in the coming year. It should be fun to see how all turns out. Watch for other big names to join the ranks before too long.
Be interesting to see TV ads that will be sure to arrive before Jan. '06 I'm sure as radio won't be playing them of course. ;)
perris said:
the main thing that coms from all of this that there is at least an alternative to the destructive forces like clear channel that try to shove their agenda down the throats of America..hopefully, they will put themselfs out of bussiness, and the bussiness of entertainment is decided by those of us that are entertained, and not those few that want everyone to think the way that they think
I see that Mel has become CEO of Sirius wich is very interesting as he built the empire that is now destroying itself. :) An interesting writeup of what we can expect to come is here.

perris said:

I agree, except that Clear Channel has a following from too many other stations that play non-stop crap. The same people who continue to support high CD prices as they HAVE to get the new Backstreet Boys (we are allowed to say that aren't we?) album will continue to support the putrid stream of **** flowing from most of these stations.

I also find something else interesting and convenient that one of the other local channels that was "new rock" changed formats to the same as 95x (just best rock - better new stuff along w/ "classic"). I'm not sure if they had gotten prior wind of the 95x kill of Stern show or if it was just timed that way. Anyways I think the timing was great and with people turning the channel after Howard they are sure to pick up market share they surely did not have before.

Just an update from here in Syracuse. Well it seems 95x has completed it's suicide. During the holiday 95x was playing (and paying for) "opie & anthony" XM (yes satellite radio it was bad for Howard to talk about) that they had/have to hack up extremely and in parts they can't fix just play music instead. Anyways Howard came back monday but he didn't here in Syracuse. It seems 95x has decided to kill itself and continue with this non-funny and music filled show instead of putting Stern back on.

I just don't understand how they can be upset w/ Howard and then go and pay his satellite competitor (who he hasn't started with even yet). I also heard a funny commercial on the "new" 95x (105.1 - "the dog") a couple days before Christmas they played a commercial making fun of 95x for paying Howard and then not playing his show. Seems even they know it's stupid as hell to not play the show when you have the ability to play it. </rant>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back