Official Macworld Thread

Andy

Meep.
Someone had to make it.

Anyone got any idea how we 'tune in' to the keynote speech?
Seems its on after all.

PT I think is 8 or 9 hours difference so should be live about 3am GMT ? (or not live as the case seems to be :D)

There will be a recording of it available online afterwards, though, right?

Yes, that is what is being made available at 6pm PST according to that article.

Sorry, I thought it was a live broadcast.
Shows how much I pay attention.

all my mice and stuff is ps/2 :( i even purchased the extended warrenty from compusa so if i break it gaming (on average of 1 ever 7months) then its free.

hehe, ps/2, are they even still made ?

Haven't watched all of the keynote yet, downloaded it last night so I'll get round to it today :)

Steve Jobs does another great job in the keynote. Funny on stage, and has good presenting skills. It is steve who really makes apple shine. An old guy on stage doing stuff that is designed to be easy like it is pie.

Spotlight looks good.

BTW, i had to laugh at the "Oh, a bug" <flicks switch> "That is why we have backup systems" <everyone claps, and laughs>

He was poking fun at Mr. Gates.

Spotlight is awesome, I've had the chance to use it on my powermac. Didn't really get shown off as much as it has done previously, as the keynote was focusing on area's other than Tiger this time. It really is a handy feature. I'm still not sold on Dashboard though, I used it briefly, but will have to wait and see if I end up using it as much as Exposé

SPeedY_B said:
Spotlight is awesome, I've had the chance to use it on my powermac. Didn't really get shown off as much as it has done previously, as the keynote was focusing on area's other than Tiger this time. It really is a handy feature. I'm still not sold on Dashboard though, I used it briefly, but will have to wait and see if I end up using it as much as Exposé

Expose is a feature every mac owner uses. Some of us even wish it was there for windows, built in, because it is so handy.

Apps with multiple windows suddenly become usable again, XCode starts to make sense.

Get rid of the tabs in text editing programs, and instead use expose to switch between them. I set the bottom right corner to the f10 expose, and i love it. Flick down there with the mouse, select a window, and type some more code, it is awesome.

I don't know if Dashboard will be as successfull, but it will still be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back