• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Official Macworld Thread

mooo

thecyberninja
all my mice and stuff is ps/2 :( i even purchased the extended warrenty from compusa so if i break it gaming (on average of 1 ever 7months) then its free.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
hehe, ps/2, are they even still made ?

Haven't watched all of the keynote yet, downloaded it last night so I'll get round to it today :)

X-Istence

Political User
Steve Jobs does another great job in the keynote. Funny on stage, and has good presenting skills. It is steve who really makes apple shine. An old guy on stage doing stuff that is designed to be easy like it is pie.

Spotlight looks good.

BTW, i had to laugh at the "Oh, a bug" <flicks switch> "That is why we have backup systems" <everyone claps, and laughs>

He was poking fun at Mr. Gates.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Spotlight is awesome, I've had the chance to use it on my powermac. Didn't really get shown off as much as it has done previously, as the keynote was focusing on area's other than Tiger this time. It really is a handy feature. I'm still not sold on Dashboard though, I used it briefly, but will have to wait and see if I end up using it as much as Exposé

X-Istence

Political User
SPeedY_B said:
Spotlight is awesome, I've had the chance to use it on my powermac. Didn't really get shown off as much as it has done previously, as the keynote was focusing on area's other than Tiger this time. It really is a handy feature. I'm still not sold on Dashboard though, I used it briefly, but will have to wait and see if I end up using it as much as Exposé

Expose is a feature every mac owner uses. Some of us even wish it was there for windows, built in, because it is so handy.

Apps with multiple windows suddenly become usable again, XCode starts to make sense.

Get rid of the tabs in text editing programs, and instead use expose to switch between them. I set the bottom right corner to the f10 expose, and i love it. Flick down there with the mouse, select a window, and type some more code, it is awesome.

I don't know if Dashboard will be as successfull, but it will still be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies