[Official] Buy OSX Tiger!

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
April 29th

Meet the world’s most advanced operating system. Again. Find what you’re looking for. Get information with a single click. Create. Explore. Share. Mac OS X Tiger makes it easier than ever to find, access and enjoy everything on your computer. Upgrade your Mac for $129.

Mac OS X Tiger will change the way you use a computer. Breakthrough search technology, stunning graphics and media, unparalleled connectivity, an intuitive user interface and a virtual toolbox chock full of cleverly integrated features — all atop a rock-solid UNIX foundation — give you the most innovative, stable and compatible desktop operating system on the planet. Period.

Looks stunning as all of apple's operating systems have. This could very well be the most sought after operating system of our time. Im going to have a look around and hopefully get along to a pcworld or apple store to try it out first hand before i think about that mac mini.

click here for more details

Great to see it finally has a date .. though wish it was sooner. :p I think Tiger is going to be what Microsoft wishes LongHorn would be!

I have to agree after using Longhorn 4074 and just looking at Tiger, Tiger definetly seems to be a worthwhile upgrade from Panther. Whereas in my opinion Longhorn looks like just a re-skinned XP. I know there is much more beneath the surface of longhorn, but there is just so much more beneath the surface of tiger.

thekore said:
I have to agree after using Longhorn 4074 and just looking at Tiger, Tiger definetly seems to be a worthwhile upgrade from Panther. Whereas in my opinion Longhorn looks like just a re-skinned XP. I know there is much more beneath the surface of longhorn, but there is just so much more beneath the surface of tiger.
You looked at the final stages of Tiger and a pre-alpha of Longhorn.
Seems a little odd to compare the two, no? ;)

*bangs head on desk* Longhorn is NOT a re-skinned XP, next person who says that get's a biro in the eye!

As for Tiger.. pre-ordered, would be more excited had I not been using it months :p

NetRyder said:

Your right :p i will be keeping an eye on Longhorn, and possibly even buy the OEM simply because it can always come in handy to have a Windows OS available.

As for Tiger, I have a few things which will be going up for sale after the 29th to go towards a purchase of a mini, i really dont want to give up on my lovely shuttle system, so i will be using both. However, im not sure how long it will actually be before i do get round to getting the mini. It does look lovely tho.

thekore said:
It does look lovely tho.
Yeah they are dead sexy and very small when seen in person. Also not a bad performer really. Only thing I really wish it had is a better graphics card for games. :p

NetRyder said:

It would be odd, but considering that MS is taking all kinds of ideas from Apple as to how to create Longhorn, it would no be such a longshot at all.

1. Everything is rendered, including windows. Take the pain off the CPU
2. Spotlight searching in directories -> dynamic updating directories with stuff

I can't remember the others, but it is interesting to see how Windows Longhorn progresses.

I'd sure like to try it out, but for now Tiger is an awesome upgrade, and an awesome OS that is probably light years ahead of Windows XP in terms of the technology, and the way it uses the hardware in a machine to do what they are supposed to, rather than taxing the CPU.

No offense with this post meant.

X-Istence said:
It would be odd, but considering that MS is taking all kinds of ideas from Apple as to how to create Longhorn, it would no be such a longshot at all.
Okay, if you say so.

Xie said:
I need to get back into school. :(
Oooooor find a friend in education (student or tutor ;)) or find someone who bought a copy with more licences than machines :p

My fiance is still a student. Guess I'll be getting Tiger for almost half off! :D

My lady friend is a college student but that would involve her knowing what I'm blowing on "computer junk". :p

Stupid question - perhaps - but will Tiger come with the updated iLife apps, or will I have to buy 'em seperate?

Yup, Tiger and iLife are seperate. You can (read: should be able to) still utilise the iApps that came with your mac, however they will of course, be outdated versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back