• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

October 22 is the release date ..

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Got an email from MS saying that Windows 7 is going to be released tot he public October 22. I wonder how long the lines are going to be ..

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
You just received the email, but it was announced everywhere else awhile ago.

And what do you mean about how long the lines are going to be?

epk

Political User
hahah.. there were lines for win 95? didnt know about that

(semi) on topic.. woohoo, 2 days before my bday :D thanks microsoft :]

Xie

- geek -
hahah.. there were lines for win 95? didnt know about that
Of course there was, at the time Windows 95 was ground breaking and let you take advantage of your whole 100MB HD and you didn't have to reboot to play DOS games. :D Ah, memories.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
There shouldnt be too long of lines considering the 50% discount on preorders that was offered a few weeks ago. 50 bucks for W7 home premium was too good to pass up :)

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Yeah, a few of online stores I have purchased downloadable software from limit downloads and all sorts of fun stuff. Good old dvds usually don't pull such nonsense

Remar

Nerd Herd
Political User
I am the same way these days. I don't know why.

Same here, I will not download any software unless there is an option for the retailer to ship you a cd/dvd, I ran into a problem with Blizzard Ent. and my roomates WoW account. As soon as WotLK released and they had major problems, and they seemed to have "lost" the BC x-pack that I had bought via download, and since I had no cd or box, there was nothing they would do for me.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Same here, I will not download any software unless there is an option for the retailer to ship you a cd/dvd, I ran into a problem with Blizzard Ent. and my roomates WoW account. As soon as WotLK released and they had major problems, and they seemed to have "lost" the BC x-pack that I had bought via download, and since I had no cd or box, there was nothing they would do for me.
Huh?

No burner?

Any software I paid for I burn to CD or DVD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies