October 22 is the release date ..

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Got an email from MS saying that Windows 7 is going to be released tot he public October 22. I wonder how long the lines are going to be ..

You just received the email, but it was announced everywhere else awhile ago.

And what do you mean about how long the lines are going to be?

Whoops, how did I not understand that lol

I hope there is no lines lol At least around here.

Whoops, how did I not understand that lol

I hope there is no lines lol At least around here.

HAHAHA!!!
I'm sure with some many people having internet connections, there won't be anything like there were for Windows 95.

hahah.. there were lines for win 95? didnt know about that

(semi) on topic.. woohoo, 2 days before my bday :D thanks microsoft :]

hahah.. there were lines for win 95? didnt know about that
Of course there was, at the time Windows 95 was ground breaking and let you take advantage of your whole 100MB HD and you didn't have to reboot to play DOS games. :D Ah, memories.

The lines for Vista were pretty long as well. I am looking for them to be crazy for this one.

There shouldnt be too long of lines considering the 50% discount on preorders that was offered a few weeks ago. 50 bucks for W7 home premium was too good to pass up :)

From what I have read you will also be able to purchase then download the RTM.

I would rather get it from the store in the box though ...

Yeah, a few of online stores I have purchased downloadable software from limit downloads and all sorts of fun stuff. Good old dvds usually don't pull such nonsense

I am the same way these days. I don't know why.

Same here, I will not download any software unless there is an option for the retailer to ship you a cd/dvd, I ran into a problem with Blizzard Ent. and my roomates WoW account. As soon as WotLK released and they had major problems, and they seemed to have "lost" the BC x-pack that I had bought via download, and since I had no cd or box, there was nothing they would do for me.

Same here, I will not download any software unless there is an option for the retailer to ship you a cd/dvd, I ran into a problem with Blizzard Ent. and my roomates WoW account. As soon as WotLK released and they had major problems, and they seemed to have "lost" the BC x-pack that I had bought via download, and since I had no cd or box, there was nothing they would do for me.

Huh?

No burner?

Any software I paid for I burn to CD or DVD.

Ya I have everything backed up to drives too but...
What you gonna do if the drives fail?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back