NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else has done this, but Folding also works in windows Vista. I'm using one vista machine to fold now.

does it do it any better/worse though? I imagine it is identical... I perceived my Ubuntu folding client to be faster, but I had to tend to it myself more - thought the scripts to do so and look after the units were more excting.....

/me returns a machine or two to Ubuntu for the fun of folding there.... :cool:

see--I don't know. Vista requires more memory and CPU power than XP does, so I would think that XP would do better...

yeap i think xp would do better, 98se would probably be best.

I've never had to do a thing to my ubuntu folding client, it just does its thing.

i'd like to know why i've slowed down so much, i was doing 9000points a week, now i barely achieve even 2000/.

Great work team - we are really making up some ground.
We now have a higher average than we have had in ages.

Hey folks - I just had an idea of how to handle the lack of assignment WU's these days.... if you make your machine dual boot (any OS) then grab WUs on each boot - EG have one running under Ubuntu and anither under XP, like I do - then as soon as the machine drops off folding because it cannot grab a WU you just reboot to the alternate OS and carry on crunching that WU - then every day or so come back to the other to see if a new WU is assigned there.

Neat? Or naff? anyone see any flaws in my cunning plan?

If the assignment server is down, how are you going to get the other WUs?

nah - you'll have them already downloaded, from an earlier time - it is highly unlikely they'll run in sync and complete at the same time, in fact you can control that by the timing ofr your reboots.... so the other WU will already be there ready to resume....

seems like a lot of work. The only way I can really see it working is if you havet he timeless units because we don't know when those servers go down.

not a lot of work for me - already got dual boot in place - just needs me to reboot and go! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back