NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

ok I gotta admit, it is pretty nice watching the team rank creep up almost weekly, even with people adding or losing pooters, it seems we are chugging along quite well...celebration when we hit team rank 250?

Party anybody?

It's a bit of a long commute - but I'll share a drink or three

Early warning guys! The network I'm on is changing ISP between the 29th and 31st. The deal is that once the net is converted I have to log on and choose a new ISP through my browser (odd way to do it). Before I've done this there will be some downtime on the sigs, but I'll try to be as quick as possible (unless I'm sleeping!). Hopefully there won't be too many quirks before they acctually do the conversion. Other areas have gone smoothly with only a few hours downtime at the most.

Keep folding! :)

OK. I'm having trouble with the client, this was working great for awhile, but lately it is crashing my comp. I run this in screensaver mode, not a problem since I dont shut off my computer. Now when ever it goes to screensaver I get a blank blue screen, no errors or bsod info. :rolleyes:

XP SP2, P4 1.8, 512 RAM, Ati Radeon 9600,280 gHDD

falconguard said:
OK. I'm having trouble with the client, this was working great for awhile, but lately it is crashing my comp. I run this in screensaver mode, not a problem since I dont shut off my computer. Now when ever it goes to screensaver I get a blank blue screen, no errors or bsod info. :rolleyes:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Is it a must that you have the screensaver mode? Try it in normal mode just to see if it still crashes. I run the services-only version and it's great, that may be an option for you.

huhu i was 50+ before and now 1month later, is now 13th place. hehe yay...what happend to sazar btw? emm so far now at team no 257. 7 more people....yay

fantasi said:
huhu i was 50+ before and now 1month later, is now 13th place. hehe yay...what happend to sazar btw? emm so far now at team no 257. 7 more people....yay

Yeah, I went to 17th after little more than a month. Guess there's alot of inactive names on the roster.

I found and a new program in order to monitor your consoles.The one that I have already told here is the FaHLogStats found at http://fahstats.sourceforge.net/ and the new one is the FAHMon found at http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/ , also very good, showing tha fahlog file all the time, with remote monitoring and so on....

PS.Link corrected, sorry, my mistake :suprised:

falconguard said:

Me too!!! Which is why I havent been folding, MFG suggested before it was because i was OC'ing, but it still does it even if Im not OC'ing I turned off the AI OC and the manual set back to no overclock....

??? HELP ???

Been a machine down for over a week...long story... :(

xsivforce said:
Been a machine down for over a week...long story... :(

That sucks!!!!

mlakrid said:
Me too!!! Which is why I havent been folding, MFG suggested before it was because i was OC'ing, but it still does it even if Im not OC'ing I turned off the AI OC and the manual set back to no overclock....

??? HELP ???
have you tried, uninstalling and reinstalling the client? it worked for my issue.

Props to vivid vibe

As a side note , I have disabled my screensaver and now run the client service...it is working, rather admirably.

It seems the ISP changeover has been postponed due to "technical difficulties" and that "more information will come". So I have no idea when it's going to happen. :)

Is there something wrong with the sigs? They haven't been updating lately...

Huh?

the signature that we are using for folding@home. It hasn't updated for some time now. I'm not sure how often they update, just thought I would see if something was wrong.

zeke_mo said:
the signature that we are using for folding@home. It hasn't updated for some time now. I'm not sure how often they update, just thought I would see if something was wrong.
They update every three hours and... hey! The stats are off compared to extreme overclockers. That's odd. /me checks...

Yippie-ka-f*ck. Stanford changed the date string from PST to PDT which made my parser go haywire. It's fixed now. The stats will be a bit off during the following seven days (maybe not the whole time), but they'll improve.

What is the difference between PST and PDT btw? Daylight savings? As it is now I just counted them as the same, the stats only update every three hours anyway, so one hour up or down won't matter too much. ;)

And I really don't see why my avg. score has dropped from ~400 to ~100. I haven't changed anything, all my computers are running. Seems I'm not the only one. Is Stanford increasing unit size? Cutting points?

Zedric said:
What is the difference between PST and PDT btw? Daylight savings?
Yep. Would have gone from PST -> PDT sunday when US did the time change crap. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back