NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

The server is reporting in with 2 CPU's instead of one. I added another PC at our other store. But still lost two lappies.

Sooo, total CPU count is 16 now.

Zedric said:
Yeah, Google did their own client. :) Some stanford prof. mensioned it in a FAH vs BOINC discussion.

Google client, huh? I think I'll just stick with the service-only version.

Can you set your team in google's client? I thought that all google clients go into a massive team ... at least the last time I looked.

This google bar, is only installing the console or it shows and the stats of the team!?And can it be set to show other teams stats, except of google's!?

vern said:
Can you set your team in google's client? I thought that all google clients go into a massive team ... at least the last time I looked.

You were correct, sir. Here is an excerpt from the FAQ:

5. Can I create my own team with Folding@home rather than be part of Google's team?

No, but you can create a sort of sub-team. For now, all the statistics for Google Compute are aggregated as part of Google's team. However, multiple people can report their work under the same username (refer to following question) thus forming a sub-team. But this does not keep track of your individual contributions though.

Wouldn't serve much purpose to those of us who fold on the OSNN team.

maddoctor said:
This google bar, is only installing the console or it shows and the stats of the team!?And can it be set to show other teams stats, except of google's!?

Here's a link to the FAQ. The stats reporting is very limited. I highly doubt if you can monitor teams other than Google's.

I installed the Googlebar and understood the following:Creates a random userid name and downloads a different console file.Creates the client.cfg and starts as a service.Trying to alter the data in client.cfg, in order to fold for example, mine FAH team, it recreated it from the beggining and continued to fold for Google.In the Googlebar it shows only the protein tha you fold.I dont know if when you have uploaded the protein will show something else, cause I don't intend to give my points to Google team.Of course in the end, I uninstalled it.

Did the sigs go down?

Would it be possible to host out own sigs? Like give us the files.

Is there a problem with the Cores?

I have one of my computers unable to download any cores that are not outdated. I have even gone into the directoty and deleted the existing FahCore_65 and FahCore_78 files incase they were the problem. Does any one know if there is a problem currently with F@H?

The errors I receive are:
00:20:10] Folding@Home Gromacs Core
[00:20:10] Version 1.70 (October 24, 2004)
[00:20:10]
[00:20:10] Preparing to commence simulation
[00:20:10] - Looking at optimizations...
[00:20:10] - Created dyn
[00:20:10] - Files status OK
[00:20:10] Error: Work unit read from disk is invalid
[00:20:10]
[00:20:10] Folding@home Core Shutdown: CORE_OUTDATED
[00:20:14] CoreStatus = 6E (110)
[00:20:14] + Core out of date. Auto updating...
[00:20:14] New core downloaded for this work unit, but still out of date.
[00:20:14]
Folding@Home will go to sleep for 1 day as there have been 5 consecutive Cores executed which failed to complete a work unit.
[00:20:14] (To wake it up early, quit the application and restart it.)
[00:20:14] If problems persist, please visit our website at http://folding.stanford.edu for help.
[00:20:14] + Sleeping...

So I now have one of my P4's "Sleeping" - Ha that is not good for the group total - any suggestions?

There is one core more, FahCore_82.This core is used on machines that have a large amount of memory and can handle big proteins.There is a option when installing thw FAH console, whether you want to work on such proteins.Better reinstall everything and unmark this option.

I'll give it a shot in the morning - cheers

Last night at app 9:00 the power went out here at work and didn't come back on till 4:00. So lost time folding was almost 12 hrs by the time the systems were signed back on. 10 CPU's down for 12 hrs :(

Admiral Michael said:
Did the sigs go down?
Umm... Good question, the server is still up, nothing's broken. Looks like no-ip are having a problem or something. If I login to my account everything looks ok...

Admiral Michael said:
Would it be possible to host out own sigs? Like give us the files.
On a person-for-person basis, I wouldn't recommend it. It's better to host all the sigs at one place. I suppose we could put it somewhere else, but there are some requirements:
- Server must support PHP with the image library
- Must have a MySQL server
- Must be able to run cron jobs (to collect data)

Sigs should be wokring now.

Turns out Apache kicked anyone out except me (being inside the router, thus not noticing) because of this error:
Code:
/usr/sbin/apache2: relocation error: /lib/libnss_dns.so.2: symbol __ns_get32, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libresolv.so.2 with link time reference
Anyone know what it is? Apperntly there's a problem with the DNS lookups. I restarted Apache and it worked again. Very strange.

Steevo said:
Last night at app 9:00 the power went out here at work and didn't come back on till 4:00. So lost time folding was almost 12 hrs by the time the systems were signed back on. 10 CPU's down for 12 hrs :(

Relax mate! Whilst no doubt this accounts for a few points one of the great things about this being a team wffort is that even a major outage like that will even out in the long run.....

The link I pay attention to is this one and especially whether the dark green line when you scroll down is heading upwards.... I think you'll still find it is despite the dip, which will hopefully be matched by a pick up tp keep us within the upper half of that pale green corridor! I was thinking of posting link to this page when I noticed our line was dipping downwards - pleased to say it is back on the up as at now though....

Oh yeah - and I have made my 600th WU woo hoo!

maddoctor said:
There is one core more, FahCore_82.This core is used on machines that have a large amount of memory and can handle big proteins.There is a option when installing thw FAH console, whether you want to work on such proteins.Better reinstall everything and unmark this option.

Seems to be the trick - tks - REP2U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back