NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

mlakrid said:
I got a question too when you guys got time... when I loaded the Gui client on my machine here at work and then at home... they are both working on the same fold. Does that mean I have to fold under a different name on the machine at home? It doesnt make sense to fold the same project twice. Then again if they give me credit for both folds, I guess I shouldnt really care :)
It's ok to run under the same name. They always run the same units several times to make sure they get the right results, so it makes sense. Besides, the work units can be different, even though they belong to the same project (I believe anyway). I'm pretty sure a work unit is only a small part of a project. Not 100% sure though. ;)

But yeah, it's perfectly ok.

Ok then... Too bad there isnt a way to choose which project I work on :D

mlakrid said:
Ok then... Too bad there isnt a way to choose which project I work on :D
If there was, the low scoring projects would never get done. :p

Hehe good point...
I got 2 powerful machins, that I know can handle multiple instances of folding running, I know you said you can do it, but would those 2 also have to be running the same project? I really wouldnt want that
Hehe
:)

mlakrid said:
Hehe good point...
I got 2 powerful machins, that I know can handle multiple instances of folding running, I know you said you can do it, but would those 2 also have to be running the same project? I really wouldnt want that
No they run independantly, so they may or may not run the same project (since you can't control it).

But only run more than one process if you have more than one cpu or if you have a P4 HT cpu. Never run more processes than you have cpus. If you run two processes on a single cpu AMD64 for instance, you don't gain anything. More likely you lose performance due to process switching.

Forgot to congratulate vern (ribbed.us) and Brad for going over 50,000 and 20,000 points.

well we are still under 100 CPU's folks... looks like my idea fell flat :(

But on the bright side a couple of folders are making outstanding contributions now - and they are Zedric and Sharob - both of whome I expect to rise above me (unless I get my server to join in hehe and build that new SMFF I want to have in my kitchen... hehe) :) :cool:

I'll just have to earn enough money to implement my cunning plans before they take my third place....

Oh yeah and LordofLA - when you gonna join in? :p [EDIT] He is, from IRC I know that now![/EDIT]

zeke_mo said:
yeah. Im not very good with linux so I probably did it wrong. I will just trying what they said till I can get it right

Well - I just remembered when I went to Folding forum to check on BOINC request - here is a thread I made over there where I got mine sorted last year - I think you may find it helps you - if not make your own?

[EDIT] Found the relevant thread if you care about BOINC - looks like it is contentious to the folding folks - have a look here if you are interested... [/EDIT]

Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 275 of 36912

Congrats, to all the folders! When I first joined, I wanna say we were around 300th place. Keep up the good work, team. I hope to add a new machine to the fold (pun intended) sometime very soon.

vivid

Ok guys, sigs are down again. It seems the graphics cooler gave up (I burnt my finger on it when checking and it sorta smells like burnt dust) so I dare not keep it on anymore. Hopefully I'll get a new cooler by tonight, but I may not.

Keep folding in the meantime! :)

Here and I am.I see your team is going up and more up.This is good.Keep on folding guys!

Once I got my overheating issues sorted I will be right back in :)

Zedric said:
No they run independantly, so they may or may not run the same project (since you can't control it).

But only run more than one process if you have more than one cpu or if you have a P4 HT cpu. Never run more processes than you have cpus. If you run two processes on a single cpu AMD64 for instance, you don't gain anything. More likely you lose performance due to process switching.

I do have a Dual CPU (CAD machine) here at work where I was ruuning folding at home. Will have to wait to make sure they are done with the software audit before I run it here fulltime.. Hehe

So I will get it to run on both the PCS at home, I will rebuild my other PC solely to fold hehe

Sigs are up again. No new heatsink yet, but I found a fan I could botch onto the old heatsink for a while. ;)

sorry machine crashed (aparently that laptop didnt like running in a drawer) . 8 hours before WU done on new cpu should push us to 100 cpus

why you not folding anymore sazar? Just wondering.

Zedric, how much traffic do sigs generate? If not to large perhaps I could help till you get your server in order.

Xie said:
Zedric, how much traffic do sigs generate? If not to large perhaps I could help till you get your server in order.
It's about 2-3 gigs per month at this rate (not counting peeks like when Paris Hilton gets her phone hacked ;)). But it's allright, the server works now. I may change the graphics heatsink later, I'm not sure. The current solution works pretty well. But that will just be a short downtime, plus I have a backup server that grabs the stats in the meantime in case it takes longer than three hours. :)

But I might want to take you up on that offer after I move to my new appartment (May 1st), depending on how much the electrical bill will be for running the server 24/7. ;)

we are now at 101 cpus one of the extras was me who did the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back