NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver - Help

Dennis T

OSNN Junior Addict
When looking though Event Viewer, I found the following error.

The NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver service failed to start due to the
following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I've done search after search to find a solution, without any luck. There
appears to be no problems with my system, but I would like to find some help
with this.

I'm using Windows XP Pro w/ SP2, I use an NVIDIA Geforce FX 6800GT

I just do not like mysteries :)

Hi, Dennis.

I don't have a solution for you, but I thought you'd like to know I've been getting the same messages too. I have the same card (dual-DVI ports variety) running under Win2k3.

I'll post under here if I find anything out, and I hope you might too.

Cheers!

The only thing I'd add is that I had the NVIDIA DVD Decoder software installed at one point, but it was interfering with my ability to edit MPEGs in my favorite MPEG editing program, so I uninstalled it. That's the only salient thing that comes to mind. I find it puzzling that there's reference to a file being missing, but no explicit mention of which file it is that's missing. *shrugs*

Hi, I have an answer to get rid of what appears to be sloppy installation by Nvidia. The error is caused by a service entry in the registry (presumbly by the Nvidia DVD Decoder install as I didn't have this problem until I installed it) which you have to remove using either regedit or regedt32. Find the following entry and remove it entirely:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\NvNdis

the error message will then disappear. If you get the error "can't find file" id DEFINETLY isn't doing anything for you. :) Note this Nvidia DVD decoder is still beta. Suggest we avoid it until it isn't beta. ;-)

Jonah A. Libster

Thanks very much. I saw that there was no corresponding service in the Services applet and promptly deleted the registry entry. Cheers!

Yeah, I also see this problem, I will slap NVIDIA about for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back