Nvidia kills windows me and 98 help!!

syllinx

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a new system 2.4ghz with ht and 1 gig of ram but i cannot install windows me and use my geforce fx5600 ultra on it . I will install the drivers and then reboot and all it says is krnl386.exe is missing. I am doing this so I can play a older game called fighting force. Any help would be nice.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
try running the game emulating win98 mode or something like that and see if it helps...

afaik there should be no problems with teh video card though windows me is a POS... unfortunately :(

syllinx

OSNN Junior Addict
I did try emulated

I have tried emulated in winxp and tried all patches for winme and all for xp and even all the nvidia drivers for winme but no luck.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
there is an initialisation failure some place but unfortunately I have not used win ME beyond a couple of days so I cant' help you out much there...

I am going to move this thread to the nvFAQ section we have and see if this gets you more hits... :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut