Nvidia kills windows me and 98 help!!

syllinx

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a new system 2.4ghz with ht and 1 gig of ram but i cannot install windows me and use my geforce fx5600 ultra on it . I will install the drivers and then reboot and all it says is krnl386.exe is missing. I am doing this so I can play a older game called fighting force. Any help would be nice.

try running the game emulating win98 mode or something like that and see if it helps...

afaik there should be no problems with teh video card though windows me is a POS... unfortunately :(

I did try emulated

I have tried emulated in winxp and tried all patches for winme and all for xp and even all the nvidia drivers for winme but no luck.

there is an initialisation failure some place but unfortunately I have not used win ME beyond a couple of days so I cant' help you out much there...

I am going to move this thread to the nvFAQ section we have and see if this gets you more hits... :)

Thanks

As soon as i have time to install it i will be able to play some old games lol. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back