• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

News NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 190.38

Thanks to LordofLA on IRC for letting me know that NVIDIA have released a new set of WHQL drivers for your downloading pleasure. The drivers are for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION GPUs.

New in Release 190.38
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
- Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (cards must already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
- Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.

Existing Support:
- Supports Microsoft’s new DirectX Compute API on Windows 7.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL,including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0428.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
So far, feedback suggests that these drivers are pretty good.

:software: Download: NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 190.38
:source: News Source: NVIDIA Homepage

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Re: Geforce/ion driver release 190

just saw it at guru3D.. seems to be a good set (only tested with tf2 so far tho)

hehe, btw.. just realized that not only its not necessary to uninstall previous drivers anymore, but u dont even need to reboot after installing :D so cool! (yes, bring on the "welcome to 2006" cmts xD)

heheh, thats cool. i still have driver cleaner installed just in case ;D

well, i tried them with ut3.. woah, the IQ is pretty darn great! i see some slowdowns on physx maps with my 8800gt.. im gonna check on that, maybe its just the physx driver messed up

thats normal. by using GPU physics you are taking processing power away from 3d processing.

i kno.. they just seemed a little bigger than with previous drivers.
of course it coudl've been just me :] heheh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix