News NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 190.38

Thanks to LordofLA on IRC for letting me know that NVIDIA have released a new set of WHQL drivers for your downloading pleasure. The drivers are for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION GPUs.

New in Release 190.38
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
- Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (cards must already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
- Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.

Existing Support:
- Supports Microsoft’s new DirectX Compute API on Windows 7.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL,including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0428.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

So far, feedback suggests that these drivers are pretty good.

:software: Download: NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 190.38
:source: News Source: NVIDIA Homepage

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Geforce/ion driver release 190

just saw it at guru3D.. seems to be a good set (only tested with tf2 so far tho)

hehe, btw.. just realized that not only its not necessary to uninstall previous drivers anymore, but u dont even need to reboot after installing :D so cool! (yes, bring on the "welcome to 2006" cmts xD)

heheh, thats cool. i still have driver cleaner installed just in case ;D

well, i tried them with ut3.. woah, the IQ is pretty darn great! i see some slowdowns on physx maps with my 8800gt.. im gonna check on that, maybe its just the physx driver messed up

i kno.. they just seemed a little bigger than with previous drivers.
of course it coudl've been just me :] heheh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back