nVDVD 1.22

Can't Get AC3 Passthrough To Work

I like this player alot so I hope to get this working. I'm using the onboard sound on an AT7, which has an optical S/PDIF output. The player can send a normal stereo signal through this output but not an AC3 signal. When I go into the audio properties menu and select S/PDIF as the output and hit apply to get the AC3 stream to my decoder, the sound just stops for a second, then picks up again in stereo only. When I close the properties window and reopen it, the default stereo 2 speaker option is ticked again and the S/PDIF option unticked. I have no problem getting AC3 out from WinDVD so I know it will work, I just can't get NVDVD to do it. Anyone else having similar problems and/or have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

Re: Can't Get AC3 Passthrough To Work

Originally posted by anr11
I like this player alot so I hope to get this working. I'm using the onboard sound on an AT7, which has an optical S/PDIF output. The player can send a normal stereo signal through this output but not an AC3 signal. When I go into the audio properties menu and select S/PDIF as the output and hit apply to get the AC3 stream to my decoder, the sound just stops for a second, then picks up again in stereo only. When I close the properties window and reopen it, the default stereo 2 speaker option is ticked again and the S/PDIF option unticked. I have no problem getting AC3 out from WinDVD so I know it will work, I just can't get NVDVD to do it. Anyone else having similar problems and/or have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
Do you have the latest drivers for the onboard sound? It sounds like they're not 100% compatible with the DirectSound method that nVidia is using. Perhaps WinDVD addresses it differently, or has a work around built in. I have a Philips Acoustic Edge in my machine and no problems with the spdif out.

I still want to know where the elusive extra de-interlacing modes are from that Electronic Punk has are coming from. Maybe it's the driver revision, or perhaps it's the the hardware.

Cmon Electronic Punk... Fess up...

Stereodude

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Could one of these guests please sign up and tell me how they found this thread.. all alternatively mail me at news@inmatrix.com I am well curious!! :D

I was actually refered to this site to hopefully fix a problem I am having with XP, then I stumbled over this thread :D

Hey Vlad, anyones welcome I was just curious cos a lot of guests suddenly hit the site at once that normally means a tv appearance or a big link on another site...

Stereodude:

I have a GeForce 3 Ti200 128Meg DDR Ram using the 30.30 drivers...

Hey Vlad, anyones welcome I was just curious cos a lot of guests suddenly hit the site at once that normally means a tv appearance or a big link on another site...

Stereodude:

I have a GeForce 3 Ti200 128Meg DDR Ram using the 30.30 drivers...
Time to download the 30.30 drivers I guess.

Stereodude

Yeah I know, I was just filling your request, haha :D

I am glad I ran into this thread though, I downloaded this earlier and I absolutely love it. I think the picture is so much more clean and crisp compared to crappy powerDVD and winDVD. Thanks a lot man!!

30.30 drivers add "blend" and "adaptive". Adaptive looks like it needs some work. It doesn't quite get the titles at the beginning of the Star Trek Next Gen Episodes right. I'll have to compare later tomorrow when I'm not half asleep.

Stereodude

i got this bad boy today and its kickin and all but my only problem is it doesnt like interactive menus the videos in the background wont play and i cant see what is actually highlighted. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me and are there any suggestions to solve this?

thnx

Quick Question as I'm downloading this currently. Does this come with a DVD decoder? I just did a fresh install of XP and when I've done fresh installs in the past I had to install my junky old dvd software before others like PowerDVD would work.

Originally posted by alanm26
Quick Question as I'm downloading this currently. Does this come with a DVD decoder? I just did a fresh install of XP and when I've done fresh installs in the past I had to install my junky old dvd software before others like PowerDVD would work.
Should run out of the box. However, so should your other DVD software.

Stereodude

i need a serial please anyone help
im desperately in need

No, however its filters can be used in conjunction with another willing media player, such as zoom player...

shaheed26ab

[edit]no warez or cracks or serials in here[/edit]

Yes he is correct no cracks warez or serials here: Iceman

:cool:

WHAT . I was going to direct him to a web site that i had already mentioned in a eariler post

seems like u may have posted a serial! that "sh" thing, its definatly not an english word.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back