• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ntfs/fat32

C

[CpK]Bastid

Is there any problem using fat32 on my primary hard drive(20gb) and the using ntfs on my secondary(40gb)?Any conflicts i might run into?...secondary drive used solely for mp3,videos, not running any programs from that drive.

ok thanks

I

Ice-Freezer

fat32 cannot read ntfs. ntfs can read fat32 through fat32 u want be able to access your mp3 files on ntfs

D

Dick Johnson

Ice-Freezer
XP Home

fat32 cannot read ntfs. ntfs can read fat32 through fat32 u want be able to access your mp3 files on ntfs

Report this post to a moderator | IP:

THIS IS WRONG!!!!! Fat32 doesn't read anything---period. The operating system XP reads/writes Fat16/Fat32/NTFS. Just partition the exact way you started and it will be fine.

2z

OSNN Gamer
<<<<< similar setup win98se on C & the final partition F containing XP on NTFS the advantage being if I suffer HDD failure I can still gain access to my HDD through DOS were as if NTFS is the primary partition I would lose access to everything.
Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
Is there any problem using fat32 on my primary hard drive(20gb) and the using ntfs on my secondary(40gb)?Any conflicts i might run into?...secondary drive used solely for mp3,videos, not running any programs from that drive.

ok thanks

M

mbunny

NTFS is a good file system.

the only issue is if you don't have a good recovery method. The WinXP cd has plenty of functionality to fix NTFS boot problems.

If you see yourself in the foreseeable future using Linux then i recommend you use FAT32. Linux can read/write to it where as you can only read NTFS under linux and even then you are required to have root access. (if someone knows how to read/write NTFS please tell me)

FAT32 is still good but as ur HDD gets bigger consider using NTFS

2z

OSNN Gamer
:D ok NTFS is on the last partition all my good stuff is stored on the previous FAT32 partition. Now when the hdd has a funny turn I can gain access to the first three FAT32 partitions using good old DOS
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix