NT backup failed

usghvn2002

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi:

My NT backup failed on my 2000 terminal server. Here is the error:
Catalog Status
Removable Storage did not mount the requested media. The operation was aborted.
----------------------
it was running fine for a long time. When it encounters this error once night, it seems to stop the backup job that I scheduled completely. I mean after the night it gave this error, it shows nothing. Thanks for any help and comment

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Which application are you using for backup? Are there any drive errors in Disk Management or the Event Viewer? Does your backup server post any errors in the Event Viewer? What type of media are you using for the backup?

usghvn2002

OSNN Junior Addict
I am using NT backup of the windows 2000 advanced server. I don't see any error in the Event Viewer relating to the backup. I also don't see any error from tape drive in the Computer Management. I can manually prepare the tape. I am using the Fuji DLTtape.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Do you have to set an expiration date on the tape? I've seen similar errors when the tape becomes "expired". If you set an expiration date, check that first.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel