NT backup failed

usghvn2002

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi:

My NT backup failed on my 2000 terminal server. Here is the error:
Catalog Status
Removable Storage did not mount the requested media. The operation was aborted.
----------------------
it was running fine for a long time. When it encounters this error once night, it seems to stop the backup job that I scheduled completely. I mean after the night it gave this error, it shows nothing. Thanks for any help and comment

Which application are you using for backup? Are there any drive errors in Disk Management or the Event Viewer? Does your backup server post any errors in the Event Viewer? What type of media are you using for the backup?

I am using NT backup of the windows 2000 advanced server. I don't see any error in the Event Viewer relating to the backup. I also don't see any error from tape drive in the Computer Management. I can manually prepare the tape. I am using the Fuji DLTtape.

Do you have to set an expiration date on the tape? I've seen similar errors when the tape becomes "expired". If you set an expiration date, check that first.

Did you reboot the server affected?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back