Fixed Non-Members Can't Read Blogs

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Perhaps we want to fix this?? I don't think they should be able to comment but they should be able to see from the portal and read. I sent the link to the HPVT one to all the bloggers from this past weekend and just learned they can't access it.

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Hmm, permissions seem to be correct.
You mean people not signed in?

bush dogg

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
I also have had the same thing happen the last week or two when not logged in. So for me it would be as a guest I can’t read the blogs in Firefox or IE.

EP I can’t access your blog at the link provided either as a guest.

This is what it tells me

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Yes, sorry that link was for user blog permissions not a blog itself.
It is down to the user if they want the public to see their blog or not.

I guess I need to change the function, or its replacement to not have a blog listed if the user isn't actually able to read it - I believe thats how the new one will function anyway.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Fixed, thx EP. What about viewing from the portal?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021