NHL 2005-2006 Playoffs

Carolina played very well most all of the year and its a well deserved cup. Dont like them but thats got nothing to do with anything either.

Yah! Can't say I followed the Canes much, but they are a quick skating fluid team. They make for a good watch.

Well its the 2nd time in 4 years to the final dance , well deserved for sure.

If the powerplay was clicking, the caines would of been sugar by now........

I know I said Edmonton in 6 earlier, Now I say Oilers in 7

Heeter

Last edited:
NFL

*NFL = Not F**kin Likely*

Next you'll be sayin Oilers next year.

;)

Its nice to see Edmonton make a go for it , now back in Alberta I see this going to game 7 and then it is anyones game.

NFL

*NFL = Not F**kin Likely*

Next you'll be sayin Oilers next year.

;)

No I won't because Oilers have 9 FA's in the lineup, so it ain't gonna happen. Carolina as well has 9 FA's, so they won't be here next year either.

Second, you have contradicted my opinions throughout this thread, and I have not or will not use any profanity on these posts. So I take offence to your post. Reword your post please.

And Yeah, Oilers won in OT!!!!

Carolina is NOT gonna survive the punishing way that Oilers play.

Remember Calgary? Game 6 and Calgary was leading the series 3-2. Game 6 was back in Calgary, and everyone in the building and on the streets was already planning the parade route, so when Tampa beat them in that game, Calgary's ego deflated to the point that they mailed it in for Game 7.

Yesterday, while listening to my XM radio, I noticed that they were predicting a Carolina win. They had the mayor on the air citing where the celebration was going to take place. All the rent-a-fans in the building where cheering loudly as management was spit-shining the Cup on the large screens above the ice. Yes, I would say one quarter of the "Fans" are bandwagon jumpers (Oilers had 40 home game sellouts this past year, Carolina 0, out of 41 home games).

I do have more stats to spew out, if you so choose.

Oilers are losing cause they hit a funk, not because that Carolina is a better team. But you can see that they are getting they're mojo back.

Highlites to watch for when Oil hit the ice:

1) The hits on the hurry-canes will be hard, like Game 5, the defense by the second period will be broken and torn apart. Key hits on the several offence will drag them down too. Oilers punish the players carrying the puck Hard.

2) The Oil's shots from the point will hurt. So your a caneplayer, you will lay down to block a shot. The Oil defence will put extra spice on the shot and you will regret it. Next time you will think twice before laying your beautiful face down on the ice for a shot block.

3) Game 3, 4, 5, the backup goalie, Jussie Markkanen is playing better than Cam Ward. Cam looked human in those games. Cammie is a butterfly goalie, so all shots will be at his shoulders cause he is weak there.

4) Yeah, the Oil PP is on the brink, So they will start doing what Mike Keanan always did in this situation, throw out the muckers, and make the defence pay for skating out to the points.

5) STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!!!!!!

6) Pay the price in front of the net, The Oil are not afraid to be there, and the Canes don't want to be there, they faces are too cute to hurt.

Heeter

Last edited:
I see you know your game , I wont go into details but When Calgary was robbed you mean you know that the puck was in the net and that the Flames had won that cup. I always like the way some people think that somehow an (america team ) which is composed of 80% canadiens and 10% euro's is somehow American ..

You remember to, Shamus. Exactly that play.

You know your game too, Bud.

Your other player percentage point, don't forget the building they are playing too The RBC Center (Royal Bank of Canada)

Off the top of my head, Doug Weight, Matt Cullen, Kevyn Adams and Eric Cole are the only americans on the team.

Heeter

Last edited:
I find it discusting how there are empty seats in that place during finals, in Montreal you could not find a single empty seat all year!! it is sad that our teams are stolen away by the american $ only to be made to play in places where they are not even appreciated.

Haha, when I was listening to the mayor of Raleigh talking the XM radio yesterday, he declared that it was a sellout for Game 5.

Huh? I was thinking that sellouts are a given, but then I realize that it's not taken for granted in some markets.

Heeter

And here we are game 7 ...... seems the canes got a good spanking 4-0 !!!

Well its nice to see this I am saying Edmonton will win this .

Well, I am definitely going to give Edmonton credit for the come back. Great belief.

But it would be too painful for me if Edmonton won :p

Sudden death OT. You wait 'n see. I still think the canes will do it. But hey, me watchin World Cup. Bye. :D

I didn't think they were going to come back, should make for a good Game 7.

Go Oil.

Excellent series, momentum with Edmonton, my money is on Carolina, but my heart is in Edmonton.

Shakes predicts 2-0 Oilers tonight at the RBC Centre. Goals Pisani, Ryan Smyth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back