Newbie Questions

P

Pet Rock

Is there a spot in this site or another that I can ask some pretty basic questions? I have been working on the same problem for 5 days now, searched lots of sites and still don't get it.

Lonman

Bleh!
Ask away my man. If it's hardware related, post in the hardware forum. If it's software/application related, post in that forum, etc.

P

Pet Rock

Thanks

I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.

Lonman

Bleh!
Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Pet Rock
I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.
You have a warez copy of the corporate edition? Sorry, this isn't a warez type of site and to offer suggestions on how to facilitate pirating XP could get the site in trouble so please don't post those types of questions. thx.

If you have other issues, post away, we're here to help out with all legitimate issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PseudoKiller