• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newbie Questions

P

Pet Rock

Is there a spot in this site or another that I can ask some pretty basic questions? I have been working on the same problem for 5 days now, searched lots of sites and still don't get it.

Ask away my man. If it's hardware related, post in the hardware forum. If it's software/application related, post in that forum, etc.

P

Pet Rock

Thanks

I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Pet Rock
I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.
You have a warez copy of the corporate edition? Sorry, this isn't a warez type of site and to offer suggestions on how to facilitate pirating XP could get the site in trouble so please don't post those types of questions. thx.

If you have other issues, post away, we're here to help out with all legitimate issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis