Newbie Questions

P

Pet Rock

Is there a spot in this site or another that I can ask some pretty basic questions? I have been working on the same problem for 5 days now, searched lots of sites and still don't get it.

Ask away my man. If it's hardware related, post in the hardware forum. If it's software/application related, post in that forum, etc.

Thanks

I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Pet Rock
I have a retail copy of XP Home and would like to install on 3 machines. So, I would copy the retail cd to my HD as a iso (this is where I think I get lost) set up corp files in another dir and then overwrite corpfiles into my XP Home dir??? Use Adaptec to burn? I keep ending up with a copy that won't go through the whole install process.
You have a warez copy of the corporate edition? Sorry, this isn't a warez type of site and to offer suggestions on how to facilitate pirating XP could get the site in trouble so please don't post those types of questions. thx.

If you have other issues, post away, we're here to help out with all legitimate issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back