New uxtheme patcher

Originally posted by lynchknot
Just got a new pc - installed XP pro - installed sp1 and all updated - applied uxtheme patch from EP's post
and it does not work - I did reboot. Any thoughts? Thanks.

maybe you rebooted to quickly ?

after applying the patch XP throws up a file protection error
this can take upto a minute to appear & hides itself behind the uxtheme patch gui

now thats its gone wrong you will have to delete the uxtheme.bak file before trying again

wait for the file protection error to appear behind the uxtheme patch gui ~ which will ask you for the XP cd - click no - then it asks do you want to keep this unrecognised file ~ click yes
then reboot

:cool:

There is no file protection error, it says successful and to click reboot.

like 2Z stated you might have to wait a minute. I had too and I got the message, about 30 seconds after applying the patch.

Originally posted by lynchknot
There is no file protection error, it says successful and to click reboot.

theres your problem
delete the uxtheme.bak file in C:\WINDOWS\system32
try again
DO NOT reboot until you get the protection error
it tends to hide behind uxtheme patch gui ~ so drag it to one side so you can see it

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by yoyo
Geffy, with Service Pack 1 installed (unless slipstreamed) the Windows file protection copy of uxtheme.dll won't be in C:\Windows\system32\dllcache but in C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386.
Best to check in both places.
ahh didnt know that, I have SP1 slipstreamed ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back