New uxtheme patcher

The NTFS one we made several months ago works fine here.

I'm using the NTFS one right now, have done since it was made ages ago, works fine.

Originally posted by Lighter
Edit:
Use at yer own risk. I haven't tried it...still use the ntfs.org version.

Then why advertise it? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Then why advertise it? :rolleyes:

'Cause it's an update to an existing tool many users have taken advantage of, supposedly with a fix for a problem a lot of members posted in this site forum and several others.

What's with the defensive posture, the news source? Kinda like Angel333's claim of improving the active desktop tutorial. Reactions to that post were less than fond, as I recall.

Gimmie a break folks...fragility is a trait not to be found within NTFS. I dare ya to prove me wrong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lighter

What's with the defensive posture, the news source?

I wasn't being defensive it was a simple question, meant in a joking manner. It has nothing to do with Neowin, they are an affiliate of NTFS, we ocassionally share news with each other.

hahahahahaha

I come in here to see how people are going with it & it's disappeared. Poof! Gone!

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I wasn't being defensive it was a simple question, meant in a joking manner. It has nothing to do with Neowin, they are an affiliate of NTFS, we ocassionally share news with each other.

Is that why you can't still post pictures they have uploaded. Why don't you tell them to stop HTLink protection for you?

B*****ds :mad:

I'm sure if you offer neobond the cash for the extra bandwitdth then he will gladly enable image hotlinking.

p.s. I never knew the NTFS patcher worked on OEM copies, thought there were problems.. good going andyp :D ;)

If you're a member and log into their site you can see images

Just got a new pc - installed XP pro - installed sp1 and all updated - applied uxtheme patch from EP's post
and it does not work - I did reboot. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Yep, I had the same problem, here is what you need to do

Oops forgot to add instuctions :p

You need to download this file
uxtheme.zip
Unzip that file and place the uxtheme.dll file in C:\

next place your XP CD in the drive bootup and choose the recovery console
(or install the command console)

Once in the recovery console, select your installation from the numbered list and then enter the administrator password
next preform the following commands

cd C:\windows\system32\dllcache\
ren uxtheme.dll uxtheme.bak
copy C:\uxtheme.dll C:\windows\system32\dllcache\
cd C:\windows\system32\
ren uxtheme.dll uxtheme.bak
copy C:\uxtheme.dll C:\windows\system32\
exit

now reboot and all should be well

Command Console
To install Recovery Console as a startup option

1. Log on to Windows 2000 as an administrator or as a user with administrator rights.

If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
2. Insert the Windows 2000 Professional CD into your CD-ROM drive. If you're prompted to upgrade to Windows 2000, click No.
3. From the command prompt--or from the Run command in Windows 2000--type the path to the appropriate Winnt32.exe file (on your Windows 2000 CD), followed by a space and the /cmdcons switch. For example:

e:\\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons
4. Follow the instructions that appear.

To run Recovery Console on a system that does not start

1. Restart your computer, and then click Windows 2000 Recovery Console from the list of operating systems.
2. Follow the instructions that appear.

Recovery Console displays a command prompt.
3. Make the required changes to your system.

To see the commands available on the Recovery Console, type help at the command prompt.

Or click here

To restart your computer, type exit to close the command prompt window.

Geffy, with Service Pack 1 installed (unless slipstreamed) the Windows file protection copy of uxtheme.dll won't be in C:\Windows\system32\dllcache but in C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386.
Best to check in both places.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back