New rig

I can boot 3.5Ghz but it makes too much heat for the little stock cooler to keep up with. And I finally found the rest of the fittings to get my loop going, so mebey tonight it will be under water, just the CPU for now to see how far I can push with good cooling, then I will add the 4850 in the loop after I have tested it.

3.36Ghz @ 1.36vcore stable.

Got my water loop going. 42C @ full load and pump on low. Or 35F above ambient.

Pump to Rad, to CPU, to pump. Used a highend industrial antifreeze premix 50/50 with additives, and then added more distilled water and a few drops of dishsoap to make it completely hydrophilic, removed as much air as possible. The remaining air turns the blue coolant a azure color when being pumped from the soap making it form into tiny bubbles that circulate in suspention. Looks cool.

I can boot 3.6Ghz and it stays cool, but the timings are off and it is unstable. But I got Knoppix booted and passed memtest at 3.38Gh 1.38vcore.

Sending my system to a modder in NV to have lotsa work done to it. I have no time and he does awsome work. Also got my new copy of Vista Ultimate, it also has a few small scratches and was loose in the box.

Personally I would strongly recommend that you look at getting an intel processor (plus a suitable board). Other than that looks good.

agree, amd has lost my respect over the last 2 yrs, i used to love them dearly now they, well they really do suck donkey balls.

Well... now AMD is splitting up. They are separating basically into two divisions. One will focus on designing the chips, and the other for producing them.

probably hired a consultant who charged them $1 mil for telling them to split the company.

personally it'll be a stupid idea and slow down development. more to the point dont they already have dept's doing specific things...

My rig is back home and runnign stable finally.

Right after I got it back the PSU died, right after I finally got the air purged. Ordered another one as PC Power and Cooling said they would honor the warranty even on a modded PSU.

The Loop is complete, now I have never seen it go above 35C on the CPU and 34C onf hte GPU. I have the system setup pump-->CPU-->GPU-->RAD-->intake of pump. Closed loop, and a pain in the ass to purge. I ened up using a large glass mixing bowl to hold the coolant and then running the system , then I reintroduced some air to connect the final piece and the coolant turns a light blue colr and lets me know it is circulating with a bit of air in it.

pics as soon as I get it closed back up, gonna wait till my PSU gets sent back to me.

Total cost was probably around $1700 And about $300 worth of hardware traded for the modding.

I am not quite done, I need to put my window in, and get my UV lighting ordered and in. The desk is my old one, and I am being fored to use the guest bedroom untill I get my remodeling project done, and thus the reason for the dust everywhere. I also have a video, but trying to get a converter from AVCHD to somethign uploadeable is a nightmare, and the imagemixer that canon sent wiht this camcorder won't work.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 90
Only one hard drive? Nice looking rig :D Chair looks comfy too.

Any plans for more hard drive space and cooling? Very clean set up, nice.

I would have added another hd for storage. Unless you have a file server floating around somewhere.

Only one hard drive? Nice looking rig :D Chair looks comfy too.
750Gb leaves plenty of room for stuff once vista and my essential softwarez are installed.

Plus I have a 3Tb file/game server in mind, you can buy barebones for $100 add a cheap processor and a couple gigs of ram, two $120 1.5TB drives and you have a decent setup for media, as well as for the wife and or friends to game on.

750Gb leaves plenty of room for stuff once vista and my essential softwarez are installed.

Plus I have a 3Tb file/game server in mind, you can buy barebones for $100 add a cheap processor and a couple gigs of ram, two $120 1.5TB drives and you have a decent setup for media, as well as for the wife and or friends to game on.
I wouldn't have expected anything less from you - kudos :D

Video up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpduVMw7K8A

At eth last my son was in the bathtub gargling his bathwater. The dust coating and floating around is from the remodel work, I took a break to shoot the video.

I have pencil modded my card and had it stable up to 760 on the core with no real increase of temps. Currently I am runnign F@H at 740Mhz on the core, after a hard lock at 770Mhz it keeps kicking the card back to its default when a 3D app is launched, so I believe a BIOS flash and edit is in order, however on X64 this seems to be a problem, so I need to create a bootlable USB drive ena get the BIOS tat way, edit it and try flashign it back on. This will have to wait though.

You can edit the hex string in the BIOS to allow for whatever you want in the core and memory value. With a pencil mod someone I know has achieved over 900Mhz stable on a 4850, I believe he is using a TEC though. 800Mhz would make me feel good, and unfortunately they are no longer makign this exact card for em to get a match to it for my crossfie plans. I might wait till the new 40nm revision of the cards come out and get a few of those, apparently the 4650's scale at 94% efficency, and with four of them they rock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back