New install Beep

N

Not Bman

I went and moved my 2 500Gb drives down slots on sata, and added 2 1Tb drives, to install Vista and 7, but all i get is a constant sqeeling beep... What does that mean, everything i plugged in is correct?

As far as I know from the past, a constant beep is RAM, but this almost sounds like squeel, it actually hurts my head, and I checked my ram, all sitting correctly.

Why did you move the drives ? Move them back and see what it does ..

I removed all RAM, removed 2, removed all except 1.

I put the drives back to there original locations (at least SATA wise).

I am about to try single RAM but with the other pieces.

Still the same noise and issue...

EDIT, every peice of RAM by itself has been tried, CMOS battery removed, gfx card removed and reset, everything, same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's all you did, it's a bit weird. I assume the system was working fine before this change?

Did you tilt the case on the side when you made the move? Something else may have gotten loose.

Best way to find out is to remove your spare drive, unless you are running RAID of course, and start with core components and build off it. I think that's PSU, CPU, RAM (one module is fine), Video Card, HDD - I believe that's it. Try with just that and see if you can POST, if you can, add pieces back in one at a time. If not, reseat all those pieces and try again.

I thought I mentioned this in my last post but..

I removed all HD's and booted it up, removed all RAM and booted it up, basically removed and placed back in one by one, all with the same noise and issue still happening. It is very weird, cause it was working 100%, i move 2 drives and add 2 more and this happens? Makes no sense. I am trying to fiddle with the CPU right now, make sure it didnt somehow move. And I did tilt the case, but I have checked all wires, everything that should be plugged in is correct..hmm

u tried with just cpu in and hardrive/ram/cards removed?
if so then it would point towards the cpu as the culprit, maybee a temperature alarm? does cpu fan spin?

Did you check to make sure a key isn't being held down? (Trying to cover all bases).

u tried with just cpu in and hardrive/ram/cards removed?
if so then it would point towards the cpu as the culprit, maybee a temperature alarm? does cpu fan spin?

I haven't tried everything removed at once, I will do that now.

So you mean remove videocard, ram and harddrives removed?

yeah i do, you should hope fully get a different beep.

if it still bleeps then my money would be on cpu/cpu fan problem. if it bleeps different then it will be something else,

With only the CPU in i get

BEEEEEEEEEEEEP pause BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pause, and so forth....

Putting the RAM back in now, leaving GFX out.

good that means cpu + mb are fine. keep adding 1 @ a time untill it breaks again :D

the new beeps just means it has realised the cpu is fine, but now recognises the next item is missing.

Now when I added the RAM, I got a

Bebebebebep nothing noise, sounded almost like a normal boot beep (you know those quick ones right at the start) but a bit longer then that. But of course I see no screen cause Videocard is out. Putting the GFX back in now..

you have onboard graphics you can try as well if card dont work?

if i remember right you only need cpu/graphics/ram (depending on bios) to be able to get past the initial post + into bios.

So I plugged back in the Videocard, and got the original squeel beep. I was like WTF nOooooo, and then FINALLY thought, OH SH*T YOU DUMB * SH*T Monkey, I forgot to plug the power into the videocard...going to do that now, as well as added the rest of the harddrives. Will let ya know.

ps, my friend can't stop laughing at me.

Sounds like you found the culprit :D
9/10 with these things its quicker to do as you've just done + rip everything out, then add it back slowly in order to find the problem. only takes 5-10 mins to track problems down then.

Sounds like you found the culprit :D
9/10 with these things its quicker to do as you've just done + rip everything out, then add it back slowly in order to find the problem. only takes 5-10 mins to track problems down then.

Yea thanks, I know that, but I hate doing it lol. And turns out its my fault, man how could I forget that lol. My friends laughing on his butt, can't stop lol And I am too.

I haven't gone back down and tried everything (I feel ashamed lol, and about to get fresh air) but I think it will be fine. If not I will post back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back