New Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

ok, ANOTHER dumb question, If I mail something to you, how do they KNOW its a monitor? do you have to show them whats in it after I mail it to you??

"another dumb american"

Exported goods need to state what they are on the packaging.

Well that sux, thank god Im living in the USA!
I guess I could label it as Large Socks
Hehe

mlakrid said:
...thank god Im living in the USA!
Rare to hear that :p

picture14cw.jpg

Spent over a grand in the past 24-hours, I must be ****ing mad :( :dead:

only if you're not earning enough to not get into debt with that spending spree :D

LordOfLA said:
only if you're not earning enough to not get into debt with that spending spree :D
Ehm, no comment on that one :D

Kunal, do you have a link to pictures of it rotated? I know I've seen some, but can't find the link anymore.

Fantastic. Cheers.

Had a quick look on dells tracking thingy-me-do last night, seems the LCD should be here on the 10th (Thursday), quite a good day for it to arrive :D

Ordered my 2405FPW on 3/1, but Dell says it won't ship Fed Ex 2nd Day until 3/11. Can't wait to play Farcry and HL2 on this baby! Goo, goo, ga, ga....'drooling on desk and keyboard'

Hehe, welcome to the forums, and 2405 owner club ;) :p :D

NetRyder said:
Anyone here in the LA area buying one? Please? :p
I so would*, if I was over there. Stuck in the UK though, sorry.

DSLZEN said:
Thanks mate! Oh wait! That's for aussies!:laugh:
Indeed, wrong side of the planet :p :D

* may not be true

Hehe, it's ok. I'm sure I'll get a chance to see one soon. Seen the 2005FPW already. :D

DSLZEN said:
Ordered my 2405FPW on 3/1, but Dell says it won't ship Fed Ex 2nd Day until 3/11. Can't wait to play Farcry and HL2 on this baby! Goo, goo, ga, ga....'drooling on desk and keyboard'

Farcry sux on widescreen. To play it you have to disable screen stretching (2 big black bars on both sides of the screen essentially making your high dollar widescreen a 17" standard lcd).

I dont know why you people buy these for gaming. THEY TOTALLY SUCK.

I have a samsung widescreen 46" lcd with 12ms response time and games totally suck in widescreen stretched. Aspect is all effed up making the widescreen totally irrelevant in gaming. Again, i just dont understand the purpose in this monitor other than looking at cause it isnt big enough to watch tv and enjoy it at the same time.

Can quite happily game on my 20" Widescreen I have at the moment, much more enjoyable than standard 5:4 or 3:4 gaming as-well.

If a game doesn't work in 16:10 then that's down to the game, I'm sure that I've seen fixes for FarCry etc to make them work in modern resolutions.

SPeedY_B said:
Can quite happily game on my 20" Widescreen I have at the moment, much more enjoyable than standard 5:4 or 3:4 gaming as-well.

If a game doesn't work in 16:10 then that's down to the game, I'm sure that I've seen fixes for FarCry etc to make them work in modern resolutions.

and no, there arent any patches for widescreen 16/9 farcry unless the 64bit patch for amd processors includes a 16/9 ratio alternative. As a matter of fact i dont know of any game that is 16/9 compliant. all the widescreen stretch does is stetch the image out wider from standard to 16/9 and shave some off the top and bottom. I can really say thats not worth the extra money. the dell 2001fp is by far a superior product presently and is more than 500 dollars less.

and the masses have 5/4 ratio monitors... its something like 160/1 in the united states so i have to doubt any game will be coded with 16/9 anytime in the near future.

So lastly, its ok to justify the 800 pounds you spent on that monitor to have a trendy item. They look great on widows or linux. And i bed Dell didnt mention the wonderful black lines making a 3rd of your viewing area nill when playing games?

Maybe you need to do some reading before stating there are no games that are 16:10 compatible. As I said in my previous post, I myself use games in 16:10 resolutions.

Maybe you'd like to take a read around here: http://www.tigerdave.com/wgl/ and at http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

Also check out this picture or FarCry running at 1920x1600 (note: widescreen resolution).

Click for larger view.

alot of games store the x & y resolutions in an ini file - all it takes is a quick hack and voila there you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back