New Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

Change that "when" for an "if". Pissed off to be honest, bad day at work didn't help ;P

Whoa...there's already a discount code!

$1199 - automatic 10% off - $75 off $550 code ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 [Exp 3/3, 5:59am, 2000 uses] = $1004

:eek:

****s sake, I may as-well bloody order it from the US, even with shipping and the inescapable import tax maiming I'd get, it'd still get here quicker and likely be cheaper anyway.

hmmmmmmmmmmm. :ninja:

do it! you know you want to and yes it will be cheaper and faster :D

It's quite likely that I will, hoooowever.. Do they ship to the UK from the U.S. site? or would I have to get some over there to ship it over to me?

Also, if it randomly implodes (it could happen) how/where/who do I get support from? worldwide warranty? send it back to U.S.?

Good questions...that I don't have answers to. :p
Sazar should know. Or he should be able to find out, at least.

Just done some quick math, if they do ship over (note, very rough figures) :

1080 USD -> 565 GBP
+ 17.5% VAT
+ 14% Excise Duty
+ ~$100 Postage
Total: £800.00

I hope the postage isn't that much, I just pulled a nice round figure out the air. I'm not overly sure how much it'll be priced here though, can't see it being below the £800 mark, but a few months ago, I would of said I would never see a 20" Widescreen below £500 (the 2005FPW is currently £472 over here.) so I don't know.

This is a bit annoying though:
Monitors, (plasma, LCD, CRT)
Able to display video - 14% Fee
Only able to take computer signa - Free
Bloody customs and excise :D

You have no warranty on imported goods. If it is shipped without a dvi cable there is no fee as I understand it.

Hi,

Just registered to let you know that I successfully ordered this from Dell UK yesterday. I paid a somewhat discounted rate (£600+VAT) because of our friendly Dell account manager.

Just thought I'd let you know - speak to Dell sales direct and they can order the monitor for you.

Thank you, Durzel. I'm sure SPeedY_B will appreciate your post. :)
Hope you decide to stick around too. We're a friendly community.

Very cool. Thank you for the information.

Only problem now being that the arseholes I ordered my 9800Pro from have only now decided (after I contacted them) to tell me they don't have any and that I should "select another item", morons. It's the only compatible item/card they sell.

As I'm not overly keen on the idea of getting the 2405 until I get a 9800 in here (1920x1600 on a 64mb 9000Pro doesn't sound great to me) it may have to be delayed anyway... dammit. Why does everything go wrong when you don't want it to? :)

Hi again :)

I cannot fathom for the life of me why this monitor is not yet on Dell UK's website, as it is very much "in stock" and shipping out to people. I ordered mine as previously mentioned on Wednesday, it was shipped same day and is on the van for delivery today.

:suprised:

It's there now. £860 (~1640 USD... ouch!)

^Click for big

Yeah, was just about to post the same link..

Funny (?) how once again the US price is roughly translated "as is" to the UK price. :( Shouldn't really be surprised I suppose - us UK folk get routinely screwed over on this sort of thing.

Yup, will (likely) be placing my order later tonight. If anyone has some coupon codes etc (although I doubt there'll be any) they'd be a great help :D

a coupla lads on the nvnews.net site we are affiliated with have snapped up the product... probably have it by early next week :)

I'll ask the lads to write up a mini review or post pics (or both... )

they are more diligent/have more time on the hands than I do so perhaps they will be able to pop one out pretty rapidly...

my girlfriend's dad has one. absolutly awesome.

Dumb question, I have never lived in the UK so I dont know. Wouldnt it be possible for one of you to have someone in the US order the monitor, place it on Ebay or some other auction house, and then just ship it to you to avoid the VAT and exhange rate fluctuations?

Just curious seems to me you could save serious £'s

mlakrid said:
Dumb question, I have never lived in the UK so I dont know. Wouldnt it be possible for one of you to have someone in the US order the monitor, place it on Ebay or some other auction house, and then just ship it to you to avoid the VAT and exhange rate fluctuations?

Just curious seems to me you could save serious £'s
SPeedY_B said:
Just done some quick math, if they do ship over (note, very rough figures) :

1080 USD -> 565 GBP
+ 17.5% VAT
+ 14% Excise Duty
+ ~$100 Postage
Total: £800.00

I hope the postage isn't that much, I just pulled a nice round figure out the air. I'm not overly sure how much it'll be priced here though, can't see it being below the £800 mark, but a few months ago, I would of said I would never see a 20" Widescreen below £500 (the 2005FPW is currently £472 over here.) so I don't know.

This is a bit annoying though:Bloody customs and excise :D

Would ideally save £60, but it's likely customs would charge more because they're arses :p will also receive the item a lot quicker if ordered from the UK.

SPeedY_B said:
Yup, will (likely) be placing my order later tonight. If anyone has some coupon codes etc (although I doubt there'll be any) they'd be a great help :D
w00tage! :D
Haven't seen any discount codes for the UK, unfortunately. :ermm:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back