• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New AVG Virus update and AVG7 program update (just for you, dealer!)

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 259.11.3 and Update AVG 6.0 - 512

Added detection of new variants of I-Worm/Sobig.F, Worm/Lovsan.D and new virus I-Worm/Dumaru.
- August 19, 2003 -

Program Update AVG 7.0 - 7.0.167

It contains new changes with respect to the remove administration, support of other DB systems, improved remote installation, furthermore increased robustness of AVG components, included French language database.

New version of AVGADMIN 7.0, requiring and compatible with this update as well as new utility AVGInGen for generation of installation scripts.
- August 19 2003 -

Find both @ Grisoft

BTW: Running AVG 7 now, and loving it. No more shutting down eudora for new virus definitions, and no restarts even for the latest program update. Good job, Grisoft!

EJ ;)

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
I think a little more than AVG6 did before, but I cannot remember. Here, see for yourself, maybe post a screen shot of your task manager for comparison...

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
just open taskmanager, processes...note the pf useage in mbs

then while watching pf useage, close down the av

the delta (d9fferance) will be the working set of the program

then do the same while turning down the av service

let me know what this is on your box

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
you're welcome. let me know once ikt is running on your box and tell me the real mem usage comared to 6. you seem to be on top of it. All I can say is that 7 does not slow down my boot up time any more than 6 did, and I also see no other performance difference. It is easier to handle, has a proxy configuration for the updates (but the "remember password" function does not wuite work, yet) and works generally well. We'll have to see how it does against other AV programs in the test to follow....

EJ ;)

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Originally posted by wI-OSMAN-
is the v7.0 free yet?
for a 30 day trial, yes, beyond that, you need to pay. I don't think they will make 7 free, but we will see..... the AV capabilities of 6 and 7 are really the same.... they use the same av database, just different formats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix