New AVG Virus update and AVG7 program update (just for you, dealer!)

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 259.11.3 and Update AVG 6.0 - 512

Added detection of new variants of I-Worm/Sobig.F, Worm/Lovsan.D and new virus I-Worm/Dumaru.
- August 19, 2003 -

Program Update AVG 7.0 - 7.0.167

It contains new changes with respect to the remove administration, support of other DB systems, improved remote installation, furthermore increased robustness of AVG components, included French language database.

New version of AVGADMIN 7.0, requiring and compatible with this update as well as new utility AVGInGen for generation of installation scripts.
- August 19 2003 -

Find both @ Grisoft

BTW: Running AVG 7 now, and loving it. No more shutting down eudora for new virus definitions, and no restarts even for the latest program update. Good job, Grisoft!

EJ ;)

nice post elroy, and good to see you

how much memory does the 7 use on your box btw?

I think a little more than AVG6 did before, but I cannot remember. Here, see for yourself, maybe post a screen shot of your task manager for comparison...

just open taskmanager, processes...note the pf useage in mbs

then while watching pf useage, close down the av

the delta (d9fferance) will be the working set of the program

then do the same while turning down the av service

let me know what this is on your box

mem usage is realy fluctuating, but I think it is aboud 3mb. Is that about right?

3mbs is very small indeed

this is just as small as my six

I'm gonna try it

thanx elroy

you're welcome. let me know once ikt is running on your box and tell me the real mem usage comared to 6. you seem to be on top of it. All I can say is that 7 does not slow down my boot up time any more than 6 did, and I also see no other performance difference. It is easier to handle, has a proxy configuration for the updates (but the "remember password" function does not wuite work, yet) and works generally well. We'll have to see how it does against other AV programs in the test to follow....

EJ ;)

Originally posted by wI-OSMAN-
is the v7.0 free yet?

for a 30 day trial, yes, beyond that, you need to pay. I don't think they will make 7 free, but we will see..... the AV capabilities of 6 and 7 are really the same.... they use the same av database, just different formats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back