Need to reformat

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
... Ive got into some deep ****, need to move out and can't take my computer with me.

How do I go about reformatting, but making sure no-one can check what I had on here?

A

alloy25

Originally posted by DFX
... Ive got into some deep ****, need to move out and can't take my computer with me.

How do I go about reformatting, but making sure no-one can check what I had on here?
Look for a program called diskscrubber...
It'll delete everything from your h/drive....and i mean everything..

Alloy25

if you are not going to be using it anymore and you dont want anypne else to then open it up and eaither put the sick in some paint thinner or get an earth magnetic over it and that will stop most of it, or you could burn it

X

XP Abuser

i hate deep ****

you wanna destroy all traces of data (near impossible) but if you wanna stop n00bs from snooping around then get drive scrubber let it do its stuff (id say run it at least 2 times)

that should do the trick

but if your in deep **** with the fbi and your computer is invovled bury the ******* drive 6ft under a volanic vent if thats possible:)

anyway good luck and i hope you can keep your neck above this deep ****

peace out:blink:

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
yeh i ran hdscrubber.

im not in **** with the fbi, just family stuff. not really that serious, just deep and i dont want them finding **** on my computer, yet at the same time im feeling like if i change my mind i gotta download 25GB again.

Has this Disk Scrubber worked then? I ran it, got to 100% then carried on going. When am I meant to stop it?

It looks like its filled my hard drive rather than delete stuff?

X

XP Abuser

im not sure how drive scrubber works but mosy of them write a hex value to that piece of data or just fill it with bull**** files then deletes them im guessing if it says 100 percent complete thats what it means but run it again see what happens

dick471

OSNN Junior Addict
Erase Drive

Ontrack's "Data Eraser" is the best for what you want. Ends up as it came is the static bag----"00"'s in every location. It will also verify that the drive is BLANK!

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
if you have a specialized HDD Manufacturer install floppy for your drive then try that and look for an option to perform a low level format, this should write 0's to your drive

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Originally posted by Geffy
if you have a specialized HDD Manufacturer install floppy for your drive then try that and look for an option to perform a low level format, this should write 0's to your drive
I bought it second hand off a mate of mine, which is another reason I have to reformat properly I guess.

Do I need to put my hard drive in another computer then, and then reformat and then run Data Eraser/Hard Disk Scrubber on the other computer but select whatever drive letter this hard drive will be?

...Hope that makes sense...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut