Need to reformat

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
... Ive got into some deep ****, need to move out and can't take my computer with me.

How do I go about reformatting, but making sure no-one can check what I had on here?

Originally posted by DFX
... Ive got into some deep ****, need to move out and can't take my computer with me.

How do I go about reformatting, but making sure no-one can check what I had on here?

Look for a program called diskscrubber...
It'll delete everything from your h/drive....and i mean everything..

Alloy25

I use East Tec....fits on a floppy and destroys everything...Military style deletions..here is some info

http://www.east-tec.com/dsksanit/index.htm

its a 271kb compressed in rar...the install.bat formats the floppy for you and installs it....you can try it for free from the site - Jewelzz

if you are not going to be using it anymore and you dont want anypne else to then open it up and eaither put the sick in some paint thinner or get an earth magnetic over it and that will stop most of it, or you could burn it

Hard Disk scubber has filled my hard drive with files?

ummm...you can do it with the winxp cd or just use the cmd in dos prompt

i hate deep ****

you wanna destroy all traces of data (near impossible) but if you wanna stop n00bs from snooping around then get drive scrubber let it do its stuff (id say run it at least 2 times)

that should do the trick

but if your in deep **** with the fbi and your computer is invovled bury the ******* drive 6ft under a volanic vent if thats possible:)

anyway good luck and i hope you can keep your neck above this deep ****

peace out:blink:

yeh i ran hdscrubber.

im not in **** with the fbi, just family stuff. not really that serious, just deep and i dont want them finding **** on my computer, yet at the same time im feeling like if i change my mind i gotta download 25GB again.

Has this Disk Scrubber worked then? I ran it, got to 100% then carried on going. When am I meant to stop it?

It looks like its filled my hard drive rather than delete stuff?

im not sure how drive scrubber works but mosy of them write a hex value to that piece of data or just fill it with bull**** files then deletes them im guessing if it says 100 percent complete thats what it means but run it again see what happens

another program named KillDisk isnt bad, but ive never really had a big prob were i had to delete 100% sure it was gone

Erase Drive

Ontrack's "Data Eraser" is the best for what you want. Ends up as it came is the static bag----"00"'s in every location. It will also verify that the drive is BLANK!

if you have a specialized HDD Manufacturer install floppy for your drive then try that and look for an option to perform a low level format, this should write 0's to your drive

Originally posted by Geffy
if you have a specialized HDD Manufacturer install floppy for your drive then try that and look for an option to perform a low level format, this should write 0's to your drive

I bought it second hand off a mate of mine, which is another reason I have to reformat properly I guess.

Do I need to put my hard drive in another computer then, and then reformat and then run Data Eraser/Hard Disk Scrubber on the other computer but select whatever drive letter this hard drive will be?

...Hope that makes sense...

Ill be using Active KillDisk.

Thanks for your help lads.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back