Need Software to Wipe Hard Drive Clean

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
Is there any software out there that will wipe a hard drive completly clean? if so what is it?

thanks for your help.

Re: Hard Drive

Killdisk will do the job and your drive manufacturers site will have software to do this as well.

Is that a complete cleaning where old data can't be seen again?

correct, it writes binary code to the hard drive, so when the fbi knocks down your door they wont be able to find anything.

But it takes a while, likes hours, so i hope they aren't outside right now. cause your sol.

LMAO.. hahahah.. nooooo thats not the problem. i want to give away some old HD's but didn't want to give them out if some of my more sensitive data could be restored.. Passwords. banking stuff..

that was funny though.

Thread moved/renamed.

Please be more specific with your thread titles.

If you are trying to overwrite areas with out wiping out the entire drive, there is other software. If you use the text file method you need to check out the end of the file with a raw hex editor that can look past the EOF character in the file. I've seen data in sectors past the end of the EOF mark that was the original data on the disk. Magic Backup

Heh, I didn't even look at the dates.

batman_threadres.jpg

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back